Just saying hello

Options
Hi, I am new to all this. I have been trying all sorts of diets for years with no weight loss. I lost my right leg 23 years ago due to an accident and cos of spinal problems as well it made walking impossible for the best part of a year. I became very depressed and ate for comfort. Over the years and although walking with crutches now my weight has ballooned to a whopping 18st 2lbs. I decided to employ a personal trainer who has experience with people who are disabled and he had worked out a routine for upper body work out with dumbells and boxing (sitting down) and I have started the treadmill. Started with 90 seconds and was in pain but now after 8 weeks I can do 7 mins in total. I do this 3 times a week and have noticed some changes. My clothes for my top half have gone from size 26 to a 22, and my bottom half have gone from 26 to 24. BUT I haven't lost anything on the scales. It is so frustrating, I am using the MFP and according to it I need 1400 calories a day to lose weight and I know several days per week I am not eating enough calories and have at least 200 spare.
Those of you with experience maybe able to advise me, should I ensure to eat all the calories per day? I am so scared of gaining I deliberately try to cut down as much as possible.
Any advice please?

thanks
jane

Replies

• Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I would not eat below 1200 calories per day because you will not get all the nutrients you need.I also am disabled with a blocked artery in my leg from good clots and tend to fall but I pushed myself and have gone from walking 2 minutes to 60. You can friend me if you want. Good luck!