235 to 183

Options
Hey guys, my name is Jared. My profile says Nightkeepr because it is the name I have my Facebook under.

I'm proud to relay that I have lost 49 pounds (possibly more) and have gone from 235 pounds of fat, middle-aged man, to 183 pounds, with my target weight being somewhere around 170-175.

My motivation was that I just got tired of avoiding the bathroom mirror before showers, shunning possible dates because it terrified me to think of taking my clothes off in front of anyone, turning away from swimming with my daughter, because I didn't want to take my shirt off, and, basically, feeling like a lump of lard.

Possibly my most proud moment was when I was forced to buy new clothes because, even my belts, were not fitting me anymore and getting some very good compliments from my co-workers and even getting a "wow, you look kinda hot" from my ex who hates my guts lol.

I've stuck to a strict 1600 calorie a day diet, an hour (on the weekdays), two (on the weekends) of stationary bike and a vigorous strength training schedule involving pushups, crunches, situps, leg lifts, dumbells and planking.

Good to meet you all. I hope to make some friends here.

Replies

• WhoMe93
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Even though I'm a woman, I started where you did and hope to finish where you hope to finish. I'm on here everyday.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I am also around the same age and same weight goals!! We can do it!!!!
  • Sarahnade42x
    Sarahnade42x Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    That is some awesome progress right there - you have lots to be proud of! :)

Also.. I noticed that you lost interest in the MFP community because of some comments made on the other thread - I just want to say that there are probably at least 10 supportive comments on this site for every not-so-supportive, inconsiderate one. I know it's your call, but I'd encourage you to stay and benefit from the positive things and just ignore the negative -- It's worth it. And you've obviously been successful so far, so who cares what they think?
  • Lorelai23
    Lorelai23 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Your doing great! I can't wait until I AMA success story like you. There are so many motivating people here well and some that I just ignore :)!
  • NightKeepr
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words and the encouragement.
  • Timbo330
    Options
    I also started at bout the same weight. I still have a ways to go. Feel free to add me!
  • NightKeepr
    Options
    You can make it and when you have to drop the money on brand new clothes, you're going to feel so good.