slimmer arms?

Need ideas to slimmer arms. any suggestions?

Replies

• Cardio good diet!
    I had big hams now they are slimmer!! Love it!!
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    do arm swings exercise.. both forward and reverse.. its a really good exercise..
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    do arm swings exercise.. both forward and reverse.. its a really good exercise..
    ...but unfortunately won't target fat to disappear from your arms.

Sadly, you can't spot-reduce fat,meaning you can't choose where it comes from and target it with specific exercises. You just have to keep losing fat, with a calorie deficit. The deficit can be created purely through diet, or with exercise too.
  • marinashakeel

Sadly, you can't spot-reduce fat,meaning you can't choose where it comes from and target it with specific exercises. You just have to keep losing fat, with a calorie deficit. The deficit can be created purely through diet, or with exercise too.
    really? it wont? :( my arms are kinda flabby :| i know abpout the spot reducing thing but wont this exercise just tone and tighten it up a bit?
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487

really? it wont? :( my arms are kinda flabby :| i know abpout the spot reducing thing but wont this exercise just tone and tighten it up a bit?

No such thing as 'toning', all you can do is make the muscle bigger or smaller, and make your body fat percentage more or less.
    Exercising your arms will make the muscle increase specifically in that area, but not decrease the fat specifically in that area.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member

No such thing as 'toning', all you can do is make the muscle bigger or smaller, and make your body fat percentage more or less.
    Exercising your arms will make the muscle increase specifically in that area, but not decrease the fat specifically in that area.

Incorrect

The Actual Definition of Muscle Tone

Muscle tone, also known as muscle tonus or residual muscle tension, is an unconscious low level contraction of your muscles while they are at rest. Essentially, muscle tone is what makes your muscles still feel somewhat firm while you are resting and not intentionally tensing them. You know how your muscles feel much firmer when you intentionally tense them? And how you feel a decrease in firmness the less you tense (i.e. contract) them? Well, that small remaining amount of firmness that you feel in your muscles when they are completely relaxed, with no intentional tensing, is your muscle tone.

The Popular Definition of Muscle Tone

In its more conventional use, the term "muscle tone" refers to muscles that are visually clearly defined and have a firm appearance. It's what we mean when we say that someone is "toned." In this usage muscle tone is desirable simply because it looks good.

http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/articles/muscle-tone.aspx

Very unlikely OP would be able to GAIN muscle unless she was lifting very heavy and eating at a calorie surplus. But she can TONE the muscle.

You are correct that she cannot spot reduce fat.
  • Darcie11Mae
    Darcie11Mae Posts: 3 Member
    I don't know if you've heard of her, but a girl named Cassey Ho does pilates on YouTube. They're called blogilates, and she is AMAZING. If you look her up, I'm sure you can find a playlist of arm exercises. Just by doing her beginner calendar, I already see me arms changing. Good luck, beautiful! =)
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Lift while losing the rest of your weight. Bench Press , Dips, and Overhead Press are compound lifts that will help. You can do Lying Tricep Extensions, Tricep Pushdows, and some type of curls for arm isolation lifts.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Lose more weight.
  • marinashakeel

Incorrect

The Actual Definition of Muscle Tone

Muscle tone, also known as muscle tonus or residual muscle tension, is an unconscious low level contraction of your muscles while they are at rest. Essentially, muscle tone is what makes your muscles still feel somewhat firm while you are resting and not intentionally tensing them. You know how your muscles feel much firmer when you intentionally tense them? And how you feel a decrease in firmness the less you tense (i.e. contract) them? Well, that small remaining amount of firmness that you feel in your muscles when they are completely relaxed, with no intentional tensing, is your muscle tone.

The Popular Definition of Muscle Tone

In its more conventional use, the term "muscle tone" refers to muscles that are visually clearly defined and have a firm appearance. It's what we mean when we say that someone is "toned." In this usage muscle tone is desirable simply because it looks good.

http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/articles/muscle-tone.aspx

Very unlikely OP would be able to GAIN muscle unless she was lifting very heavy and eating at a calorie surplus. But she can TONE the muscle.

You are correct that she cannot spot reduce fat.
    thanks :) i am currently just focusing on toning thm.. unfortunately i cant do weight lifting as i have no access to any gym or equipment :(