Runkeeper - elevation completely wrong

I have been using Runkeeper to track my runs using my iPhone. I am running in Florida - so no hills anywhere near me. But for some reason it reports each run as being a climb of several hundred feet.
Anyone else have the problem of runkeeper reporting completely wrong elevations? anyway to prevent that happening and make it more accurate?

Replies

• _NAUTILUS_
    _NAUTILUS_ Posts: 239 Member
    Compared to my part of Florida (the keys) and your part of Florida you might as well be in the mountains. Runkeeper says I run under water when I run in Key West -4 feet.
  • elmr34
    elmr34 Posts: 32 Member
    Runkeeper adds all of the ascents you make on a run. So, for example if you run up a 5' hill (I know they have those even in Florida!) and back down 10 times then it will count 5' x 10 times = 50' elevation gain even though you were at 30' - 35' elevation the entire time.

I like this because it allows me to compare a very flat run to a run where I went up and down a lot of hills.
  • country_angel77
    country_angel77 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm having this issue now, almost a year later. It keeps saying I'm beating my own elevation records, even if I'm always using the same path!
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    I run on a high school track-perfectly flat. Runkeeper shows about 100 feet/mile.