am I losing weight or not? please help.

Options
I've been using mfp for 8 days now and I hadn't weighed myself for about 10 days before yesterday. I started out 204 beforr using MFP, then I weighed myself for the first time since tracking yesterday and I was 201. Today I, for some reason, weighed myself again and the scale read 204. I've been eating around 1350-1550 calories a day, even though my goal is 1350. My Bmr is supposedly 1664. Please help me understand what's going on.

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Normal everyday fluctuations. Water retention caused by sodium, time of the month, exercise, etc. Just keep on truckin'.
  • ambiences
    ambiences Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Ouff okay! Thank you guys!
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    How often you want to weigh yourself is a personal preference. I weigh and record my weight pretty much every day -- I like to see the sometimes ridiculous variations up and down regardless of what I felt like my prior day or days were like. It reinforces for me the variability of any given spot check on weight and the numerous variables at play (like water weight, etc.). So seeing the ups and downs gives me comfort overall. For others, seeing the ups and downs (more the ups) is very hard and produces a lot of anxiety. You'll have to figure out what makes sense for you and hopefully get comfortable focusing on longer term progress.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    My weight routinely fluctuates by a couple pounds from day to day, and as much as 4 pounds within one day. Usually, I'm lightest either just after getting up or after intense cardio exercise, and I'm heaviest right after dinner.

Don't worry about it.

You can use a site like https://trendweight.com to track your trend by weighing daily, or you can do it yourself following the principles in John Walker, The Hacker's Diet (http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/e4/), chapter on "Signal and Noise."
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Normal everyday fluctuations. Water retention caused by sodium, time of the month, exercise, etc. Just keep on truckin'.

^This!!!!
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Your BMR is 1664, why are you eating UNDER that number? that is what your body needs just to survive. You are starving yourself. Please try to eat a bit more, you will lose the weight.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Your current calorie level is fine.