Can I lose 21 pounds in 21 days? no carbs and working out?

Options
Hello Everyone,

My weight loss journey has been an interesting but stressful one. My boyfriend is flying in from Michigan in 21 days and I am excited but want to look good for him! My brother has been by my side on this journey training me, but he is not an official trainer but a budding one. I would like to get some official and some more educated info on some things. Can I lose 20 ibs within this time frame? I have completely cut carbs and my brother has me doing intense interval training such as the tabata workout, it was intense! I am looking forward to shedding these pounds but want to know if it is realistic, I want honesty opinions but also positive too, if it will work please please please tell me! I have been told this is possible but that I have to stay dedicated and focused. Anyone PLEASE let me know. THANKYOU!

-Nicole

Replies

• czechwolf52
    czechwolf52 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    No.

You should've thought about losing those 20 pounds 4 months ago. A pound a day is an incredibly unhealthy (if not impossible, unless you're VERY overweight) pace.

Cut off a limb or two and you might be able to make your goal weight. But then you'd be without a limb...
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    No
  • hwoeltjen
    hwoeltjen Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You can lose 21 pounds in 21 days. You can also pass out from the lack of carbohydrates and smack your head against the treadmill...giving you a really sexy bump on your face that your boyfriend is sure to adore.

I would seriously rethink what you are doing. Lose what you can with a sane deficit and add some carbs.

If your friend is wanting to be a trainer and he supports this diet....he may want to rethink his goals as well.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    No, unless you are 200 lbs overweight that's pretty much impossible without just stopping eating completely which I would hightly recommend you not do. Cutting carbs isn't going to help unless you cut calories.

If your boyfriend is going to be disappointed to see you unless you lose weight I'd suggest a new boyfriend.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    ecae6f7199680181061d5743344c1c0f.gif
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Im sure even if you dont lose 21 pounds it wont be too big a deal.try ur best and even a few pounds is better than nothing..good luck
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is flying in from Michigan in 21 days....Can I lose 20 ibs within this time frame?

You bet. All you need is this...

scalpel.jpg
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Let's say you decides to ignore all the advices and still workout/ diet your own way, you will be be too weak to actually spend quality time with your boyfriend by then. Think about this.
  • janinab75
    janinab75 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Um,,, NO!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    OK you want honest & positive...

Honestly the answer is no. I'm positive the answer is no.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I lost 21 pounds in 3 weeks once. I picked up a horrible illness in Cairo, Egypt and was dumb enough to fly back to the United States with it (puking the whole way), where nobody knew what it was or how to treat it. No, you can't lose that amount of weight in 3 weeks unless you are extremely overweight or seriously ill.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    No. Please don't try this.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Magic 8 Ball says "No"

Sorry.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    You can lose 21 pounds in 21 days. You can also pass out from the lack of carbohydrates and smack your head against the treadmill...giving you a really sexy bump on your face that your boyfriend is sure to adore.

I would seriously rethink what you are doing. Lose what you can with a sane deficit and add some carbs.

If your friend is wanting to be a trainer and he supports this diet....he may want to rethink his goals as well.

THIS! ^^
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options

If your boyfriend is going to be disappointed to see you unless you lose weight I'd suggest a new boyfriend.

^^^and this...most definitely. He should want to see you no matter what.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Yes...if your starting weight is over 350 pounds.
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    Surely you are loitering under a bridge for billy goats to cross ...
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    The funny thing OP is that I knew how old you were just by what you wrote. I can always tell 18-20 year old people by the things they write here. As you get older, you will get smarter. With that getting smarter you will learn that you cannot do things in a bad (aka stupid) way and expect good results. Losing 21 lbs in 21 days is not a smart thing to do. I think everyone here has already told you this .. so just go and concentrate on being healthy. If your boyfriend is a descent person ... he will not care that you are the way you are. Losing 21 lbs will not make a difference with that. If he does care that you haven't lost lots of weight .. time for a new boyfriend.

Good luck .. but I think you have been told in no uncertain terms what you need to do.
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Yes. 21 pounds in 21 days is "possible".

BUT potential side effects include death, kidney failure, gallbladder issues, loss of necessary muscle, damage to your heart and other organs, etc. You will be weak, nauseated, light headed; your tongue will get coated in horrible white fuzz. The headaches will be unbareable but just remember how skinny you will be when he sees you. Walking 20 ft will EXHAUST you. You will also have to stay near the bathroom because drinking over 5 L of water a day necessary to prevent organ failure will make you contantly need the facilities. Oh, and there is this unbearable rash that could happen- like you want to find a gun and shoot yourself so you have something else to think about.

Still interested? All you have to do is fast. Don't eat for 21 days, not a single bite. Even the "calorie free" or sugar free stuff. Nothing to drink but water either or you wont get that 3500 cal deficit you need. If you are stupid enough to try this....:explode: :cry:
  • cookieshop
    Options
    don't do it, least of all because you want to "look good" for your bf...well if this is what makes him happy then you need to change your bf :-)
This discussion has been closed.