How can i keep my breasts ??

Options
I need some help and advice please :smile: I am 5ft 4 and weigh 138lbs i have 12lbs to get to my goal weight i had a baby 8 mnths ago so im trying to get back to my pre baby weight so i can actually fit into my old clothes. The issue i have is i have always had big breasts which im happy about but they are now shrinking as im losing weight. Before when i was smaller i still had breasts i have looked at things like insanity etc to shed the last few pounds but the results seem to shrink everywhere especially this area i know that they are mostly fatty tissue which is why they get a lot smaller when you are losing but if anyone could give me some advice on an exercise that could firm up the skin around them or to keep them from shrinking to much i would be grateful thank you :flowerforyou:

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    the general rule of thumb is first place you notice fat gain will be the last place you notice loss.

you cant target fat loss and it's going to come off how you're genetically predisposed to lose it.

as far as firming up the skin try building the muscle underneath via bench presses, pushups, etc.
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    NOT an expert, but received wisdom on here seems to be that you cannot dictate where the fat come from or in what order. All you can do is tone what's underneath.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Boobs are overrated.
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You cannot I am afraid to say. I am in the middle of mourning mine. I will move on eventually, but looking down and not having them in eyeline is very strange .... but then I don't have a tummy in eyeline either which I am more happy about!
  • cazzamartinek
    cazzamartinek Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thank you both i will add in more push ups etc :wink:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Invest in a great bra. You can't control where the fat will come from when you lose weight.
  • cazzamartinek
    cazzamartinek Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    @joyfuljoy , i hear you about the tummy especially since im on baby no 3 lol im thinking the tummy will be the last to go so when my boobs do go ill have a fab view of my wobbly tummy till it goes eventually :laugh:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't you rather be fit and firm with slightly smaller breasts? Too much is made of size over shape anyway.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Have boobs or be lean and fit? I know which one I choose (not that I ever really had the boobs option).
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Boobs are overrated.

I disagree strongly
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Invest in a great bra. You can't control where the fat will come from when you lose weight.

This.

For a long time I was upset about having lost a full cup size, but I bought some nice push-up bras and decided to focus on all the positive changes I see when I look in the mirror.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Just buy your self a new pair
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I keep mine in a jar.
  • alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You can't unfortunately. Boobs are usually the first to go.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Boobs are overrated anyway. A smaller, nicely shaped pair is appreciated.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Mine have gone up a cup size after losing almost 40 pounds :flowerforyou:

OP, invest in a good bra. If they go away, know that you can buy fake ones, or learn to live with smaller ones.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

OP, invest in a good bra. If they go away, know that you can buy fake ones, or learn to live with smaller ones.

This. Bra magic works wonders.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options

This. Bra magic works wonders.
    My bra *is* a magic bra. But it never hurts to have a good, supportive bra or four. Or a push-up bra.
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Spot reduction in reverse, lol
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    A-box-of-tissues-001.jpg