Elephant Penis Thanksgiving Dinner NSV

Options
Well here's a little Thanksgiving dinner NSV story to brighten up all y'alls holiday weekend.

At the beginning of the month someone posted the following list of items detailing the equivalent amount of weight lost for each item.

i.e. 5#'s = a Chihuahua, 20#'s = an automobile tire, etc, etc, etc...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1136654-i-ve-lost-a-gold-brick-what-have-you-lost

It's a fun list that has been posted a few other times.

At the time it was posted I read the list to my 2 boys (age 9 and age 6) and they got a huge chuckle out of the fact that, at 61 pounds lost, I had currently lost the equivalent weight of 1 guinea pig (1 pound) and 1 male elephant reproductive organ (60 pounds).

Huge laugh at the time and then forgotten for good right?

Well, not exactly.

The family and I travelled to East Texas to have Thanksgiving dinner with my wife's aunts, uncles, cousins and a number for folks that we haven't seen for some time.

Prior to digging in to the grub everyone took a moment to list a few things that they they were grateful for during this past year.

When the cue came around to my 6 year old he paused for a moment to refect what he was most thankful for this season....

"I'm happy that I like my kindergarten school. I had a good birthday party last week and.. (after a brief pause) ...hmmm, what else, oh yeah, it's really good that Poppa lost that guinea pig and elephant penis".

Just about choked on my stuffing when that one came out.

Replies

• MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Awesome family memories made this night :-)
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV, but neither you or your son will EVER live that down. I'm sure it made for a memorable Thanksgiving all around. Just remember, it couldn't have happened without all the hard work you've been putting in..........
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    4450019+_f6a17670e7ae40524ca815180b95c0ee.gif
    WellPlayed.gif
    brilliant.GIF

Awesome NSV for sure. Kids say the darndest things.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Now I'm curious how the family reaccted
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!