maintenance calculators?

Options
Hi everyone,

I am trying to find a good calculator to maintain my weight. I am 5ft1 118lbs and work in an office. So my daily activity is pretty low. MFP says i'll maintain on 1570. Other calculators go up to 1608 and some down to 1475. So i have no idea which would be correct. Need a good one to try, my best bet is to stick with mfp. what do you guys use? also i decided on 40 30 30 macros, i hope that helps with maintenance too.

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i like this one
    http://fat2fitradio.com/
  • rosanna421
    rosanna421 Posts: 65 Member
    Options

That one gives me 1616, so im guessing 1500-1600 is a good range.
  • niknokd
    niknokd Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I know it's kind of expensive but I really recommend getting a fitbit and wearing it every day...it's helped me soo much with maintenance because I can know how many calories I burned each day and thus whether I was over or under. It's much more accurate than a calculator in my opinion.

With that being said, I'm the same height as you and on sedentary days I'll typically burn about 1500 calories so that could be a good number for you.
  • rosanna421
    rosanna421 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    i was thinking of getting a fitbit, i think 1500 sounds pretty good on sedentary days. thanks for the advice
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit zip. I got one for myself and my husband at $35 each on ebay. They are $59 new. I set to sedeantary and eat back the extra it gives me. I also just fine it informative.