Natural Fat Burners?

Options
Last week when my husband was working out with our trainer, he recommended that he try an all natural fat burner, I think he said it was called COX but I'm not exactly sure, has anyone heard of this or do you know if there are any really true NATURAL fat burners or are they all bad?

Replies

• hwoeltjen
    hwoeltjen Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    It's not that they are all bad...I mean some are truly not good for you. It's really about whether or not they actually burn fat.

Some of the pills out there may help...slightly.

However, you aren't going to beat a healthy diet with any pill. I would forget the pills and just track the food you eat. The pills are seriously not worth the money in my opinion.

When a pill comes out that actually melts fat off of you....you'll know about it...because there wont be any need for diets at that point.
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    guess I should have added, that we do eat a healthy diet, and monitor how much as well, my husband is just wanting a little more help getting rid of more belly fat. not looking for a miracle pill
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    spicy foods and deep breathing
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    When a pill comes out that actually melts fat off of you....you'll know about it...because there wont be any need for diets at that point.

+1 ^^^

All Natural doesn't mean 'effective' :)
    Does the trainer sell the pills?
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options

Does the trainer sell the pills?

He doesn't he told us to find it at a natural foods store
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    EDIT: to remove bad bad cox joke.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    The only true "NATURAL fat burner" is called a calorie deficit.
  • cwilliams080676
    cwilliams080676 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I take Raspberry ketone and garcina Combodia. They are natural, and I have seen a loss with them both.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    guess I should have added, that we do eat a healthy diet, and monitor how much as well, my husband is just wanting a little more help getting rid of more belly fat. not looking for a miracle pill

...Soooo you want a pill that will do more than what a healthy diet and exercise is already doing, but not "a miracle pill"? :huh: What do you think constitutes a "miracle pill" in the first place?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    Last week when my husband was working out with our trainer, he recommended that he try an all natural fat burner, I think he said it was called COX but I'm not exactly sure, has anyone heard of this or do you know if there are any really true NATURAL fat burners or are they all bad?
    Hate to tell you, but your body naturally burns fat when energy stores of glycogen are depleted, or you are at complete rest.
    Most trainers echo a lot of broscience they hear in the gym or read from magazines without actual clinical study to back it.
    As mentioned, if there were a really a fat burner that worked, dieting and exercise would be doomed.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    I take Raspberry ketone and garcina Combodia. They are natural, and I have seen a loss with them both.
    Not "natural" if they are taken in pill form. They are processed at that point.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Muscle is an excellent fat burner.