I want Chips!

Options
I am having a God Awful time trying to resist the open bag of potato chips sitting on my counter! I can't get them out of my mind for the last 1/2 hour!! H E L P

Replies

• MickeyBoo
    MickeyBoo Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    LOL no help here I just succumbed to the packet I had sitting in my cupboard :ohwell: I should have never had them in the house I guess!
  • maxamus04473
    Options
    Have some if you can keep it in moderation go for it. Try a substitute if you have to. Potato chips are my weakness too. I save them for my cheat day. Now I don't crave as bad as I use to. The key is not feeling deprived.
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Put them in a drawer or cupboard.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Eat them!
    What you on MFP for? Tracking macros / calories? Eat them - track them and live happily ever after!
    They will not make you fat or kill you - all is going to happen is that you fat and carbs intake is going to go down for the rest of the day!
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Well??? Inquiring minds.......

Personally, I probably would have gone for them. :devil:
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Eat them!
    What you on MFP for? Tracking macros / calories? Eat them - track them and live happily ever after!
    They will not make you fat or kill you - all is going to happen is that you fat and carbs intake is going to go down for the rest of the day!

QFT^^^

tumblr_mi418b0Qsf1rl52wjo1_250.gif
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Measure out an ounce and put them in the cupboard?

How did they get into your house?
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'm usually for everything in moderation but chips are one thing I can't control. They were/are a trigger food for me. I stopped buying them as a result. I haven't had a craving for them in a long time! So have your chips now, log them, and maybe don't buy them in the future.
  • richh963
    richh963 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    eat them, if it fits in your macros for the day, weight out a single portion add it to you diary, enjoy!! put the rest of them away. out of sight. its that simple. I have then sometimes with a sandwich, I buy the 1oz. bags most the time that's one serving and I weigh out a half serving , save the other half for another time.
  • Maybe try something else that's crunchy like rice cakes or pretzels or wheat thins or celery...U can make ure own chips too in a healthy way by slicing a very small potato thinly and baking them with salt and olive oil and whatever spices u want. They would satisfy that need for the crunch and wld be baked
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Just eat a couple chips.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Maybe try something else that's crunchy like rice cakes or pretzels or wheat thins or celery...U can make ure own chips too in a healthy way by slicing a very small potato thinly and baking them with salt and olive oil and whatever spices u want. They would satisfy that need for the crunch and wld be baked

Why is baked superior to fried?
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    weigh some, eat them, smile, log them.
  • candiceh3
    Options
    Have a glass of water.

Then, eat some protein.

Wait 20 minutes.

If you are still craving chips, eat some but not all.

Log it, and move on. But I find that water+protein usually quells my hunger / craving.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Just eat a couple chips.
    How does one eat just a couple? Wait. I have no self control. I eat the whole damn bag and just log it.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Eat them!

QFT!!!
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    pour water on them and throw them away.
  • gkarma
    Options
    It's the salt you crave - try pickles, carrot or celery with some salt, a salad.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    pour water on them and throw them away.
    NO