I don't seem to be getting any smaller?

Options
2»

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I've been keeping a journal at home and I haven't been updating the one on MFP since I've been studying for college finals.

Are you using a food scale to weigh out the ingredients? Where are you getting your calorie counts?
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I weighed 270 when I started and I didn't notice any difference until I lost about 40 lbs . none . But I did feel better and I did feel stronger .. So do you ?

Also , do you challenge yourself to push harder on the treadmill ..you said your speed is like 2.8 have you tried 3.0 after ten minutes? I know when I started I could barely go 2.4 for ten minutes and now I'm at 3.5 with a 4degree incline ... try that it may help you . You can add an incline without increasing your speed to start if you want ... . but you need to push your self to do more and harder workouts - it feels good too .

Good luck .
  • ek121
    ek121 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I weighed 270 when I started and I didn't notice any difference until I lost about 40 lbs . none . But I did feel better and I did feel stronger .. So do you ?

Also , do you challenge yourself to push harder on the treadmill ..you said your speed is like 2.8 have you tried 3.0 after ten minutes? I know when I started I could barely go 2.4 for ten minutes and now I'm at 3.5 with a 4degree incline ... try that it may help you . You can add an incline without increasing your speed to start if you want ... . but you need to push your self to do more and harder workouts - it feels good too .

Good luck .

Thank you Amy,

I have felt much better since I've started improving my diet and working out. I have been gradually increasing my speed on the treadmill. I haven't been pushing myself as much as I probably can since I'm still young.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I've struggled with my weight my entire life and this year I've decided that I'm going to try to lose at least 50 lbs in a year. Unfortunately that didn't happen I lost 28 lbs which makes absolutely no sense since I had started on a vegan diet this year and started working out in an actual gym. I eat on average about 1200 calories per day. I walk about 40 minutes at 2.8 on a treadmill and using the weight machines. I have practically doubled the amount of activity I do during the week.

I've also have noticed that my muscles have become more defined but I still have lots of fat. My parents have commented on the fact that I look healthier and I have been able to be more active.

My family has always struggled with their weight and it seems that I'm no different. Is there anything that I might be missing or overlooking that might be preventing me from further losing anymore weight?

the scale isn't everything. Take pictures in the same outfit on a monthy basis, then put them side by side. As you gain muscle and lose fat, your body will shrink, and people will tell you that you look like you've lost ( even though the scale says you haven't). Years ago, I was a snug size 14, and I weighed about 175-180lbs. I have been a size 14 for about a year now, and weighed in the range of 190-200lbs.

6 months ago I could barely jog at 3.8mph for more than 5 min at a time. Yesterday was my cardio day, and I jogged at 4mph for like 15 min. Last year at this time I was on 3 asthma meds, 6 months ago my doctor gave me her blessing to drop 2 of them.

In february I could barely squat 120lbs. Now I regularly squat 140lbs, and I have done 150lbs.

With all those NSVs ( non scale validations/victories) should I be upset that the scale has only dropped 6lbs in the last YEAR? I think not.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    You may not have hit your weight loss goal yet, but don't forget that plenty of that fat has become muscle!

negative...no way op is gaining muscle on a 1200 calorie vegan diet...