Looking to ditch my extra chin!

Options
Hi All! I'm Jessica. This is my first week on MFP. My goal is to lose 25 pounds. My more immediate goal is to lose as much as sustainably and reasonably possible for a wedding that I'm in ( not mine!) in 13 weeks! I've been stalling at buying the dress because, well, yikes!

I'm in my mid 30s, and have always been on the thicker side. More of a bummer is that I have a super apple shaped body. Like a natural muffin top... Have any of you apple shaped gals noticed much improvement in the waist? I'd sure like to get there! That, and get some contour back in my face. I swear, every picture of me where I'm holding my head normally has the grossest double chin. Sigh :(

Anyway, I think MFP and this forum are fantastic. I love reading everyone's posts. All the discussion helps keep me keep my focus. I think everyone's stories and day to day progress are incredibly inspiring.

Nice to meet you all!

Replies

• jerbsod
    Options
    25 pounds in 13 weeks ? go girl :p
  • majess1022
    majess1022 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    25 pounds in 13 weeks ? go girl :p

I wish :). I'm thinking 25 lbs is my long term goal. The wedding is March 1--for that, I'd like to be down 13 lbs. I think my calorie targets are set for losing 1 lb/week. So, hopefully 13 lbs In 13 weeks is realistic. I hope that is possible, and that I stay on track.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    You should definitely be able to get at least 10 pounds off by then, maybe even 13-15. I wish I could lose my double chin, it's definitely gone way down, but I have one to some small degree no matter how small I get lol thanks to my Dad's side of the family!