Stuck in a rut

Options
Hello,

My name is Ariel. I'm (temporarily) ~220 lbs at 5'10". My goal weight is 150. I've lost 70 lbs before but been yo-yo-ing about 15 lbs for about 3 years. I sure hope that with all of you and MFP I WILL change that.

Just finished my first day logging my food. Boy, was it tough!! I was concerned about eating too much protein, and not enough calories, fearing that I'd be hungry later in the day. Another fear was today was the weekend, meaning I had time to think about my food and what was remaining on my nutrition details but what about when I go back to work on the weekday?!

Am I freaking out too much? I remember the first time I lost weight it was easy to track because I had tons of motivation and determination. Now, and with the past three years experience, I don't feel a "true" sense of motivation and think this is where my anxiety is coming from.

Well add me as a friend. I'm trying to blog my experiences if you want to follow. If for no other reason, I can give some amazing low fat recipes!! LOL

Thanks for listening and good luck to all of you, as well!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I was the same as you when I started. I was paranoid about eating ANYTHING that could be classed as "unhealthy" or something that had high fat, sugar, sodium - whatever. A few months later I calmed down a bit, and started allowing myself to have things without feeling guilty about it. It did help, actually, I can turn things down easier now, and control hunger pangs better (probably a result of general all round healthier eating)

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it - you'll be fine!

Good luck!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Ariel. I'm (temporarily) ~220 lbs at 5'10". My goal weight is 150. I've lost 70 lbs before but been yo-yo-ing about 15 lbs for about 3 years. I sure hope that with all of you and MFP I WILL change that.

Just finished my first day logging my food. Boy, was it tough!! I was concerned about eating too much protein, and not enough calories, fearing that I'd be hungry later in the day. Another fear was today was the weekend, meaning I had time to think about my food and what was remaining on my nutrition details but what about when I go back to work on the weekday?!

Am I freaking out too much? I remember the first time I lost weight it was easy to track because I had tons of motivation and determination. Now, and with the past three years experience, I don't feel a "true" sense of motivation and think this is where my anxiety is coming from.

Well add me as a friend. I'm trying to blog my experiences if you want to follow. If for no other reason, I can give some amazing low fat recipes!! LOL

Thanks for listening and good luck to all of you, as well!:flowerforyou:

If you want an honest answer, open your diary.
  • bleumuffin
    Options
    HI I'll add you. I'm not so new here but I'm kinda coming back. ;D