Buried Alive

Options
I'm sure there are people who get buried while in a comma and they wake up 6feet under! FREAKY

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that doesn't happen all that often these days. They have to embalm people before they bury them in Western countries.
    Now in a third world country... good luck.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    there's a medical condition that makes someone appear to be dead when they're actually conscious but unable to move. I forgot the name, I think it's related to narcolepsy, but the person becomes paralysed and their breathing and pulse becomes very light, so if they're not checked carefully, they can appear to be dead when they're not. Modern hospitals have measures to prevent this, although occasionally people have been found to be still alive in hospital mortuaries and people with this condition have often been pronounced dead once or twice then come back to life again.
  • the_dude00
    the_dude00 Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that doesn't happen all that often these days. They have to embalm people before they bury them in Western countries.

Last year there was like a 15 year old or 16 year old that sat up in his Coffin and started talking for like 20 seconds than fell right back down unconscious. Was rushed back to the hospital and pronounced dead for the 2nd time. The 2nd time he was actually dead.
  • nicenhealthy
    Options
    I'm sure there are people who get buried while in a comma and they wake up 6feet under! FREAKY

http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/08/buried-man-unearthed-after-mourner-discovers-hes-not-actually-dead-4179145/

"A shocking video has emerged showing a man being pulled – alive – from a grave after a mourner heard noises coming from beneath the soil.

The visiting woman also reportedly saw some of the earth moving, at the cemetery in the suburb of Ferraz de Vasconcelos in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

The horrified woman was said to have seen scenes straight from a horror flick in which the buried man was moving his arms in an attempt to escape the grave."
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

This. If you can wake up in your coffin after all of your blood has been replaced with embalming fluid, you are a god and can just punch your way out of your coffin.
  • Kiss_Her_Act
    Options

This. If you can wake up in your coffin after all of your blood has been replaced with embalming fluid, you are a god and can just punch your way out of your coffin.

Some families don't agree with embalming.
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    If I ever find myself buried alive in a comma I will question how I got there and exclaim, and I quote,"Get me out here! Period"!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    If I ever find myself buried alive in a comma I will question how I got there and exclaim, and I quote,"Get me out here! Period"!
    Excellent use of exclamation. :flowerforyou:
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Not certain if this is what neandermagnon is referring to, but I suffer from sleep paralysis.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I like you.
    interjections.jpg
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

You said what I wanted to say, but so much better than I was going to say it.

Thank you!
  • 1_JR_1
    1_JR_1 Posts: 179
    Options
    Some families used to run a string attached to a bell down into the buried coffin in case their loved ones woke up in the ground.
  • Smiler106
    Smiler106 Posts: 124 Member
    Options

I don't know where you got that information from, but you certainly do not HAVE embalm a body before you bury it here in the UK. Embalming is considered a cosmetic treatment and as vast majority of our funerals are closed casket embalming is actually quite rare over here and I believe it cannot be performed without the written consent of the client. In fact depending on what you died from embalming may be expressly forbidden (for example in the case of some infectious diseases).
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Daniloveshockey94 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    there's a medical condition that makes someone appear to be dead when they're actually conscious but unable to move. I forgot the name, I think it's related to narcolepsy, but the person becomes paralysed and their breathing and pulse becomes very light, so if they're not checked carefully, they can appear to be dead when they're not. Modern hospitals have measures to prevent this, although occasionally people have been found to be still alive in hospital mortuaries and people with this condition have often been pronounced dead once or twice then come back to life again.

I saw this in a show once, it creeped the hell of out me!!!
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options

I don't know where you got that information from, but you certainly do not HAVE embalm a body before you bury it here in the UK. Embalming is considered a cosmetic treatment and as vast majority of our funerals are closed casket embalming is actually quite rare over here and I believe it cannot be performed without the written consent of the client. In fact depending on what you died from embalming may be expressly forbidden (for example in the case of some infectious diseases).

This is also untrue here in the states. I work for a funeral home and there are some societies that are strictly against embalming. In that case, it's usually a closed casket or direct cremation. It is not required by law to embalm. The only time embalming is required is when there will be a viewing. Viewings are still pretty popular, at least where I am, even when the body will be cremated. Sometimes there is a viewing and then after the services the body will be cremated. There are a ton of laws involved in funeral & cemetery care, but embalming is not one of them.
    That said...if I were to be walking past a casket and the person started talking I would probably pee myself then quit my job!!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    This so rarely happens in the industrialized world that I wouldn't really spend too much time worrying about it. There are greater and far more common threats to deal with. I find it humorous that people spend so much time worrying about things that are like a gazillion to one odds.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    This so rarely happens in the industrialized world that I wouldn't really spend too much time worrying about it. There are greater and far more common threats to deal with. I find it humorous that people spend so much time worrying about things that are like a gazillion to one odds.

Yep..First World problems..
  • _NAUTILUS_
    _NAUTILUS_ Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options

You said what I wanted to say, but so much better than I was going to say it.

Thank you!

[q] I like you. [q]

[q] Excellent use of exclamation. flowerforyou [q]

thankyou_zps07777fe7.jpg

(P.S. Happy birthday Sarahcate79!)

P.S.S. multi quote epic fail
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Not certain if this is what neandermagnon is referring to, but I suffer from sleep paralysis.

Nah, I don't think that's what she's talking about. I've heard of it, too, but also can't remember the name. In sleep paralysis you're sleeping but you appear to be sleeping, not dead.

I've had my fair share of sleep paralysis. F***ing terrifying stuff.
    Oh no, I'm awake for mine and completely aware of my surroundings. And mine has lasted for hours at times. I've even had episodes where I couldn't breathe for extended periods of time, or I could only breathe very shallow breaths or my breathing was slowed. I've also had the episodes like you where I had auditory and visual hallucinations. THAT was awful.