Extremely tight schedule, HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    If I understand this correctly, you are not currently eating at a caloric deficit, and are looking for ways to add exercise to create that deficit? Is that about right?

Kinda, yes. I eat at something like an average of a 200-300 calorie deficit a day. I'd like to get the rest from exercise. But I don't see that happening, so I'm going to try out the fasting technique from Monday. I've increased my exercise too, but I know that alone isn't going to make much of a difference.
  • Skarlet13
    Skarlet13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Is it possible for you to move to be closer to work?
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I work 3 part time jobs (which require driving here there n everywhere) + I have kids and I'm the only one in the family currently able to drive so i have to do all the household errands, I'm probably not quite as busy as you, but it does make it harder when you have to do so much other stuff!!

Don't be afraid to break your workouts down into smaller chunks, e.g. instead of a 30 min workout, you can do 10 mins 3x a day. I do lifting so my current plan is squats in the am, then deads/OHP or bench/rows in the afternoon or evening (broken into 3 if necessary). And my cardio is stair running, not planned, just I live in a 1st floor (USA 2nd floor) apartment with no lift, and one of my jobs I work on the 2nd and 3rd floor (USA 3rd and 4th floor) in a building with no lift so I'm forever running up and down stairs. You said you travel by public transport so maybe get off a stop earlier and walk or run the rest of the way to work/home (if that's possible) or if you work in a building with stairs, take the stairs instead of the lift. Or always use the bathroom on the floor above or something.

regarding food, you have to be really ultra mega organised, which I'm not a lot of the time, but days when I organise my food better are days when I eat better. Having high protein low carb low snacks on hand helps (I eat balanced macros, but protein is the hardest one to get enough of, hence high protein snacks). Also, high protein meals that are quick and easy to prepare. Protein powder, frozen fruit and a blender are useful (protein powder + fruit smoothie = protein, carbs, micronutrients meal in a couple of minutes). Stuff like that.