New member, new mom, new life!

Options
I've always been on the heavier side. Gaining weight seemed to be my talent through high school, and then when I started college it just got worse. I never really cared about my own health. I wanted to be skinny, but the effort that would've had to have been put into it was just something I wasn't interested in. That is, until seven weeks ago.

Seven weeks ago today I was blessed with the birth of my first child. Her name is Ava Claire and she lights up my world.

so4n7p.jpg

I never cared about me for me. Now I care about me for her. I want to not only be the best mother I can be but also be around for as long as I possibly can to experience all the life this little girl has to offer. I want to be healthy so that I know I'll be there for her graduation, her wedding, her first child - or just to see whatever path this beautiful and amazing being decides to take. I want to be there to support her, regardless.

I'm ready to take on the challenges. I'm ready to face my fears. Yes, I do weigh 214lbs. Yes, I do need to lose 80lbs. I'm embarrassed of myself and I don't like myself. I have a problem with food and I need to find out where it stems from and how to fix it. It may take me years to get where I need to be, but I'm going to start now and I'm going to succeed one way or another. For me. For my mother. For my husband. For that beautiful, sweet, amazing, perfect little girl of mine!

33u78g8.jpg

Replies

• hannie75
    hannie75 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    She's beautiful! congratulations :wink:
  • 123gonnareachit
    Options
    Pretty Eyes!
  • bzymummy
    bzymummy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    She's so beautiful, congrats on your new addition and the decision to make a change for yourself. We are all here for the same thing. I have found a lot of support on this site as I am sure you will too. Add me if you would like. Good luck reaching your goals.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,003 Member
    Options
    she is beautiful, CONGRATS . you can do this , just hang in there
  • MoonLiteDancer
    MoonLiteDancer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your new little girl!

I felt the same way when I had my first daughter Nevaeh. I lost 40lbs on weight watchers after I had her. Which took me from 273lbs (my heaviest) to 233lbs. I then got pregnant with twins when Nevy was about 18 months. Gained 13lbs during the pregnancy lost it all 2 weeks after delivery. So I was back to 233lbs. I decided to start again & I've lost another 17lbs. So I'm down to 217 right now. I also have a loooong way to go until healthy but I'm doing it for my daughters. I know how you feel & what your going through. So if you need a friend or some one to talk to feel free to message me :)
  • twilla367
    twilla367 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Best reason in the world is to lose weight so the baby has a healthty active parent. Keep up the great work!:flowerforyou:
  • Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    Options
    Children are a blessing! I honestly believe I am a better mom when I feel better about myself. Now is a great time to start. You can show your daughter how to be healthy, happy and active...not how to "diet".
    Congratulations on your little beauty!
  • rachelhill110
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! I'm so glad to see so many other mothers out there feeling the same way I am! Good luck to all of you and, again, thank you for all the support! Oh, and yeah, she is beautiful, isn't she? :)