NSV - Jeans!

Options
Yesterday I had to wear an "old" pair of jeans size 16 because I needed to do laundry and I only have one pair of 14 jeans that fit. The 16 jeans were falling down. We went out to pick out a Christmas tree and my daughter laughed at me and told me I looked like a gangster because my rear pockets were hanging so low. HA HA Those size 16 jeans were almost too small back in July.

The size 14 jeans fit pretty well but are starting to get loose. I guess that means I will be size 10/12 for summer! YAYYYYYYy!!

Now to bag up those old jeans with a growing pile of clothing that is too big for me now, and off to Goodwill. Maybe while there I can find some smaller size jeans to fit me on my way down the scale!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations. Also....belts!
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You are so right. Funny, I haven't used a belt in so long, I am not sure if I have any. I may need some soon.
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU !!!

YAY . I'm hoping to wear a 12 by new year !!!
  • ideang
    ideang Posts: 95
    Options
    Congrats!! It's a great feeling to go down a size!!
  • Sphyk1
    Sphyk1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    How cool is that! Nice job :)
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Neat! Jeans are an excellent way to measure your success :)
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Yay!! High five on your NSV!!
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    yaaaayyy i think thats even more exciting than seen the scale move!!!
  • armymom5
    armymom5 Posts: 115
    Options
    Very nice! I love those NSV!:wink:
  • moment_to_arise
    moment_to_arise Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    awesome!!! this is the only thing i hate about losing inches....having to buy a whole new wardrobe!
  • PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I bought my first pair of jeans since losing 30 lb. I wore 38" wast and they were tight in August. I bought 36" waist this time. I tried on 34s and got into them but they felt a little snug. In retrospect I think I should have gone with the 34s; the 36s feel almost as loose as the 38s did, to be honest. I've lost a little over 4" off my waist so far.
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    Aww this is great! You probably feel awesome too!!
  • sandybeach11
    sandybeach11 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Best feeling ever! Great job and continued success!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Going to Goodwill is a super idea ........ someone else can benefit from clothing that no longer fits you ........ and you can find a few things to temporarily fill in the gaps in your closet.

I've gone from an 18 jeans down to a 12 ...... even got a few 10's for those "skinny days" ...... very motivating :drinker:

And have been buying $1.00 teeshirts for the gym ...... wear 'em, wash 'em, and then toss 'em when they're too raggedy ......

Congrats on your weight loss !
  • punkisdead83
    punkisdead83 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I managed to sneak into the "slim fit" category today. It's a good feeling.
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Fitting into smaller jeans is awesome!
  • spookyjo
    spookyjo Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Well done but keep the jeans for your before /after pictures :flowerforyou:
  • FirecrackerJess
    FirecrackerJess Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. Most of my jeans are 24-26 (I know... *sigh*), but now I am in 2 old pair of pants that are 22, and one is loose now too. I'm out of a job so haven't wanted to buy clothes, but this Black Friday I found some red ripped jeans I adored, and a Johnny Depp Cry Baby shirt that I saw months ago in Hot Topic that did not fit, but found one at Torrid that did and I got it a tad tighter than I liked to make myself wanna make it fit like I want and then some. The jeans I got were 20, almost got 22 but decided to try 20 and they fit nicely. Did I spend more than I should have? Yup. But the pants and shirt together, I finally *saw* a difference, which I am finding very hard to see.

This shirt:

http://www.torrid.com/torrid/Cry-Baby+V-Neck+Tee-10097735.jsp

These pants:

http://www.torrid.com/torrid/Bottoms/AllBottoms/Tripp+Skinny+Pant+-+Red+with+Mesh+Backing-10039560.jsp

Yes I am aware many people don't like those pants, including everyone I know, but I liked them and I said screw it, I'm getting it. I actually saw them Thur night at the mall, did not buy them cause the $$$ but ended up going back, it just nagged at me.

So I def know what you mean. And what's worse is I can't find a belt that fits to use with my current jeans. I hate that they fall, but you know what, I am guessing that the reason they fall, you like right? I like the reason, just not the action.

So congrats!!!
  • lgtijerina
    lgtijerina Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Great job on the jeans! I love me some smaller jeans
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!