what should i use for walking at 4.3 mph?

Options
When I try to log my cardio, MFP offers either 4.0 mph or 4.5 mph. What should I use for walking 4.3 mph? Or should I just use 4.0 mph and underestimate a bit?

Also, I work out with a personal training an hour twice a week. She basically has me do squats, kettle bell swings, lunges, stuff like that for an hour. I do have a minute or two of rest between sets. I sweat a little, but I never feel like my heart rate gets very high. I asked her what she estimated the calorie burn to be for that hour, and she said around 400. However, it seems it should be a lot less than that. It takes me an hour of fast walking and lots of sweat to burn 400 cals in an hour. WHen I enter circuit training on MFP, for 60 minutes, it shows over 600 cals burned, That really can't be right. Any guesses as to what I might burn in an hour of strength training? I'm 41, female, 5'8" and 180 lbs. Thanks for your help.

Replies

• angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I would use what you find to be the closest one. Not that big of a deal. Just keep moving. :-)
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I would use 4.0. The calorie count is always a bit generous in my opinion.
  • prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Either walk slower or faster then you don't have a problem. :smile:
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I prefer to underestimate. I'd log 4 mph
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Buy a heart rate monitor, so you have a more accurate estimate. Even HRMs are somewhat inaccurate, but they will give you a better idea of your calorie burn than MFP.
  • bwtj
    bwtj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Use Runkeeper on your phone. It syncs all your data automatically with MFP. I have been using them both every day for the last three years and they are both superb allies to the battle of the bulge!