3 Lbs a week

Options
Hey guys,

I have a bet with my friend that I can loose 15 pounds in a month before she does. Do you guys have any tips, so I can loose 3 lbs a week? She and I bet that whoever loose will have to buy the other one new sneakers, and of course I want to win :)

Replies

• cmsimps27
    Options
    Over estimate your calories and under estimate your work outs :-)
  • disneyfetishboy
    disneyfetishboy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Assuming 3500 calories = 1lb.

If you short yourself 500 calories a day, that's 1lb a week. Now add another 500 calories worth of exercise a day, and that's another 1lb. Or so the theory goes . . .

HOWEVER, in my experience, I lost much more than 2 lbs. doing this (more like 3-5).
  • baileysemt
    Options
    Eat less and move more. It really is that simple.

I am on the Very Low Calorie Diet and eat < 800 calories daily. I've also been walking every day that I can, avg 5 days/wk (I get migraines so this varies), 4 miles ea.

Currently I am losing about 5 lbs./wk. =)

Research any diet (including simple calorie restriction) before doing it though. I have to supplement VERY heavily and drink a ton of water on the VLCD because it is impossible to get sufficient nutrients on 800 calories' worth of food. If you don't supplement, you literally could die. Seriously. On the VLCD it is necessary to supplement potassium; without ample potassium your heart can stop beating. So, please, research research research. Be very careful. <3

Good luck!! And keep up the great work!! =)

:) K