Worried about loosing my aggression for my weight loss

Options
I'm a 6 foot 3 inch 63 year old male who weighs 245 pounds (111.3 KG) my target weight is 190 pounds (86.4KG)

I started dieting one month ago and lost 19 pounds (8.6 KG) in that month. FANTASTIC!!

I was averaging 1200 calories a day, (500 calories a day less than my fitness pall recommended intake ) and walking at a moderate pace for three miles twice a week.

Last week at my weigh in instead of a loss (I was hoping to loose about 3 pounds) I actually put on 1 pound,

My GP has advised me to increase my protein intake to get closer to my fp daily calorie target, plus I have just purchased an exercise bike to get more of a cardio workout. She says that the fp target loss of 2 pounds per week is much healthier and probably much more sustainable than trying to loose it all in three months.

OK I know dieting doesn't happen over night and I know a slow and steady weight loss is the way to go etc. BUT! I do not want to loose that fantastic aggression I felt a month ago. I really do want to smash my weight. It's a real positive motivator for me.

Comments / tips / similar feelings or experiences would be very much appreciated.

Best of luck everyone
Dave