Depressed because you've "only" lost a few pounds?

Options
I FOUND THIS ON ANOTHER MESSAGE BOARD GAGGG!!

Check out this graphic depiction of body fat! You'll feel better about what you're NOT carrying around!!

IMG_4343_2.jpg

Replies

• starstealing
    Options
    icky! love it! XD
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Oh it makes me want to puke! LOL
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I think it's fantastic!

Looking at that is enough to give one new resolve! :flowerforyou:
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Ewwww haha that's disgusting.

Also motivation to lose... I don't want that gunk on my belly! haha
  • AshPolette717
    Options
    Well that makes me want to run to the gym right now, lol Oh wait! I am!!! LOL Thats pretty cool!
  • JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Options
    awesome motivator!! thanks:bigsmile:
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    you know while I was out doing C25K W2D3, I was wondering what the amount of weight I lost would look like. Seriously! I was!

L
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    For heaven's sake! No wonder I feel better! YUCK! :noway: Thanks for the motivation this morning! :laugh:
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Something my friend did... She lost 50 pounds and her hubby was giving her grief about not having lost more (idiot). She took him to the local feed store and picked up a 50 lb bag of chicken feed. She then tied that 50 lb bag of feed to his back and made him carry it around all day. Suffice to say he was rather tired and sore! He gained an appreciation of what she had been living with in short order. Not another word said as she continued to lose weight and ultimatly lost 85 lbs.
  • SJT75
    SJT75 Posts: 134
    Options
    Yuck! i could do with that picture on my fridge!
  • Englishteacher
    Options
    Thanks, I needed that!! Felt a little down myself, but now I am refocused.
  • needtoloseweight25
    Options
    That's truly a motivator now I am motivated to work out today better than I did the day before!!!!
  • needtoloseweight25
    Options
    That's truly a motivator now I am motivated to work out today better than I did the day before!!!!
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    Ugh!! See it annoys me when people say 'oh, I only lost 2.5 lbs this week' ... that's like half of the 1st pic for goodness sake! And even 1/5th of the first pic (so 1 lb) is better than nothing, yet people still moan! Sorry, rant over! :laugh:
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    That's gross. I know when I catch anyone saying, but it's just a pound. I remind them that the butter you buy in the store is "just a pound". Not as gross and it's something everyone has bought at some point.

This is definitely interesting for the shock value though
  • Allison9
    Allison9 Posts: 22
    Options
    one word- WOW! Im 7 lbs down and did not think it was all that. Thanks for this wake up call!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    O..M..G...

SICK! I cant wait to get 20 off me! haha yucckkkyyy. Thats a good reminder though for anyone who is feeling week and wants to binge on a burger...haha!
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Ugh!! :huh: That's made me feel sick. :noway: Right! I'm off to the gym!
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    When I get down that I've "only" lost 20 (vs some people who are at 50, 100, etc), I just need to look at that 20. WOW! disgusting. Now wonder I feel so much better!

LIke previous poster said, I think I need to print that for my fridge! BLECK!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those people that complain that I have only lost 7 pounds in a month...it's annoying...but I'm just really hard on myself. Now after seeing this, I can see why weight loss takes so long! Think of every little fat cell that makes up the 5 pound cluster!! Thanks for this! I needed it!