Unexplained weight gain, constipation, heartburn

Hey guys, i was wondering if someone could help with this please.
I have been under my calorie goal everyday and should have lost 4 pounds in the last 2 weeks.
However, in 2 days i have put on 6! There is no way my consumption is whats causing this so i am just looking for any suggestions or experiences.
I have been constipated for over a week and nothing is working to get rid of it. Im eating plenty fibre, and drinking plenty water.
I have tried suppositories over the last couple days and they didnt make a difference.
Is it possible to be constipated further up your digestive system? If so i think thats whats happened because the suppositories not working and because i have heartburn now too.
I dont know if this is related, but i have had a breakout of spots in the last few days, which i read can be caused by reabsorption of toxins.
All suggestions welcome! Thanks :)

Replies

• Are you intolerant to anything? I had this for a while and it was just a back-up of digestion i.e. my digestion had slowed a bit and couldn't catch up.

I took some sachet things with water which were mild laxatives and after a week or so I was fine and haven't had a problem since
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Im not too sure but the scale isnt 100% accurate as weight can fluctuate.
    But its water weight not proper weight
    For constipation i know u should increase fibre and have a warm glass of milk and a banana in morning that should help u.
    I lost weight in first week then 2 weeks no loss despite being under calories and exercising and i was getting frustrated but i lost sum inches
    Everyone is diff maybe it will just take some time for ur body 2 adjust
    Sorry if my answer isnt of no use ....lol
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    This sounds serious to be constipated for this long! Unless there is some reason you cannot tolerate prunes, I would suggest you run right out and buy some prunes or prune juice! This could be a very helpful while you are waiting to get an appointment with your physician! And if you arent' drinking enough water while taking a fiber supplement, you could become more constipated. Good luck!
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Talk to your doctor.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    I have been under my calorie goal everyday and should have lost 4 pounds in the last 2 weeks.
    However, in 2 days i have put on 6! There is no way my consumption is whats causing this so i am just looking for any suggestions or experiences.
    I have been constipated for over a week and nothing is working to get rid of it. Im eating plenty fibre, and drinking plenty water.
    I have tried suppositories over the last couple days and they didnt make a difference.
    Is it possible to be constipated further up your digestive system? If so i think thats whats happened because the suppositories not working and because i have heartburn now too.
    I dont know if this is related, but i have had a breakout of spots in the last few days, which i read can be caused by reabsorption of toxins.

My first worry is that you are under eating..and you can not predict how much you should lose in a week or two.

If you are using suppositories, who has prescribed them for you?

Really, MFP members are not qualified to help with medical issues...maybe go to visit a doctor?
  • Ll1992
    Ll1992 Posts: 14 Member
    Thanks everyone!
    I just got them in the pharmacy over the counter!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Pregnant!
  • Ll1992
    Thankyou but thats impossible.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    to me this sounds like pregnancy symptoms.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    My advice, seriously, if you are constipated for so long, go see a doctor.

If you are going to use MFP then use it wisely, read all the success stories, food and nutrition pages.

Under eating will not help you lose weight in the long run.

I hope you do well, this site has really helped me to lose weight and keep it off xx
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Thankyou but thats impossible.
    :huh: All birth control are only a percentage efffective. Just FYI. Nothing is 100% except abstinence.

If you are that certain it could not be pregnancy, or time of the month I think I might go to the Dr. Especially if there are spots.
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Get thyself an Enema bag.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/walgreens-combination-douche,-enema-and-water-bottle-system/ID=prod17207-product?ext=gooMedicines_ampersand_Treatments_PLA_Douches_prod17207_pla&adtype={adtype}&kpid=prod17207&sst=65a393d7-0699-4749-e2ed-00001d3db4e1

I don't recommend using it for Douche, but enemas are IMMEDIATELY effective for constipation and don't require anything more than water.

No drugs and you'll evacuate your bowel.

The weight gain is fluctuation. Don't worry about it.
  • Ll1992
    Absinence it is! My periods are extremely irregular but i think my time of the month, or in my case, 4 months, is around the corner.
  • eksero2k
    eksero2k Posts: 83 Member

Same thing happened to me recently as well. 8 lbs gain in about 4 days time. What seemed to solve it for me was eating a lot of fibre/carbs and at the same time drinking a lot of water. This did put me over my calorie goal for a few days, but it seems to have worked, and im now back on track again heading where I was before this happened.
  • alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 289 Member
    First, these are not pregnancy symptoms. So don't worry about that.

The weight gain is due to the constipation. When you're not cleaning out your system, it is just piling up, hence the weight gain.

Where are you breaking out in spots? What do they look like? Are they bothersome?

Prune juice is better than eating prunes for constipation. Coffee can also be used as a natural "laxative."

But tomorrow, you need to call your doctor to schedule an appointment.
  • Ll1992
    I have tried coffee, tried 6 prunes yesterday but not prune juice.
    Spots are on my face, theres one huge red one in between my eyebrows which is quite sore. Theres not that many so no its not that bothersome, its just because i dont usually have them that im including them as a symptom. :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    How's your fat intake? Have you just recently changed eating habits, possibly going low fat? Fiber and water are important for regularity, but so is fat (good for other things as well) - the body needs fat, so if that's a possibility, I'd try adding some good healthy fats back into your diet ASAP. Avocados, olive and coconut oils, nuts, salmon, go for full fat dairy, etc.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Absinence it is! My periods are extremely irregular but i think my time of the month, or in my case, 4 months, is around the corner.

4 months late? Pregnant!
  • hwoeltjen
    hwoeltjen Posts: 199 Member
    At what point are you going to go see a doctor? Are you going to wait until the red spots turn into hives?

I wouldn't count on these forums for medical advice. If this continues go see a doctor.

Somebody on here could get it right....it may be something simple and easily remedied. It also may be a serious problem or reaction to food/medication.