Lower Calorie Snacks?

Options
Looking for snack and lunch ideas that are easy to prepare, cheap and transport well. I am a college student and needing ideas.

Replies

• Midwest_VaBelle
    Options
    Apples are very filling, affordable and easy to transport. I like mine sliced in baggies when I travel. At home, for TV snacking, I'll add cinnamon and heat in the microwave. For breakfast, I like apple chunks with cottage cheese. I'm not a yogurt fan but that might work, too.
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    String cheese, boiled eggs, celery with a bit of peanut butter, a small handful of nuts (you can get premeasured ones at some stores), carrot sticks/veggies with hummus, salsa, or salsa with a bit of ranch, rice cakes with peanut butter, turkey & cheese roll ups, pretzels, applesauce and graham crackers, air popped popcorn, a small handful of trail mix, a bowl of low calorie soup (veggie, chicken noodle, etc), 100 calorie flat bread or wrap with lots of veggies and mustard, etc. etc. etc.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Apples are very filling, affordable and easy to transport. I like mine sliced in baggies when I travel. At home, for TV snacking, I'll add cinnamon and heat in the microwave. For breakfast, I like apple chunks with cottage cheese. I'm not a yogurt fan but that might work, too.

How long do you heat in the microwave? thks
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Any Vegetables and fruits - rice cakes - protein bars - nuts and dried fruit - crackers - popcorn - boiled eggs - make your own mini healthy oat flapjacks, or granola bars.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Home made Beef Jerkey!!!!
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Some of my daily snacks that I carry with me to work include jerky (lots of protein, low fat, and very easy to carry with you), apples, celery, and grapes. When I'm home, I find hummus (with whole grain crackers or carrots), cottage cheese, or Greek yogurt make for quick nutritious snacks.