No wonder people are overweight! Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger!

Options

Replies

• allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely not appetizing at all... Also on the note of foods like this... Did anyone else hear of the burger creation at Friendly's consisting of a big burger that's put between 2 grilled cheese sandwiches? I know it was on various news reports..

http://www.friendlys.com/menu/lunch-dinner/big-beef-burgers/ there's a picture here!
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    funky combo and it look funky in the picture. But if we did not have food like that we would not have sites like this :laugh:
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Here's something another MFP friend posted about...A KFC Chicken Skin Sandwich...with BACON.

~glurp~ :frown:

http://www.geekologie.com/2010/08/mmmm_meaty_skiny_the_kfc_skinw.php
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    It's not that any of those foods are bad-in and of themselves-they just Hang Out with some BAD Friends!!!!
    :laugh: :happy: :laugh:
  • Tandksmommy10
    Options
    Deep fried oreos--yum!

This kind of reminds me of the "Double Down" that KFC just had. The 2 fried pieces of chicken with everything between them instead of a bun. Heart attack here we come!
  • billybed
    billybed Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely not appetizing at all... Also on the note of foods like this... Did anyone else hear of the burger creation at Friendly's consisting of a big burger that's put between 2 grilled cheese sandwiches? I know it was on various news reports..

http://www.friendlys.com/menu/lunch-dinner/big-beef-burgers/ there's a picture here!

OMG I just started crying I was laughing so hard at this one... man what people think of...
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Deep fried oreos--yum!

This kind of reminds me of the "Double Down" that KFC just had. The 2 fried pieces of chicken with everything between them instead of a bun. Heart attack here we come!
    My dad LOVES those...I had one once, but i don't eat pork anymore so I havne't had one since.....but they are really good haha. And thus the reason I am on this site!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    My daughters just went to a fair this past weekend. They had deep fried Oreos. Luckily my youngest past them up because they were $8 for three Oreo's. Geesh!!! At least it was expensive.
  • bethy_ann
    Options
    This country is literally eating itself to death. Why do a lot of Americans grow up thinking that something like that is okay?
  • bethy_ann
    Options
    Deep fried oreos--yum!

I was just thinking the same thing!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Okay, burger between donuts is just plain GROSS. But burger between grilled cheese sandwiches? ....Why not? It's just like having a regular burger with an extra slice of cheese. (Minus all the butter, but I've become so accustomed to making my grilled cheese sandwiches with spray butter, is doesn't really matter) I'm thinking that I'll probably make my own someday. Turkey burger between two reduced fat grilled cheese sammiches. Sounds good. :) I'm a sucka for cheese.

Besides, think about it guys: this donut burger is no worse than some of the stuff they sell at franchised restaurants... Applebee's, Olive Garden, Outback... I'm sure all those places sell much, much worse things that a cheeseburger between donuts. Seriously. Just imagine somebody goes to a similar chain restaurant and gets a bacon cheeseburger, fries with ranch, coke, and a dessert. I don't see anybody complaining about that on MFP. And it's probably twice as bad.
  • funkyspunky871
    Options
    Donut burger: 1000 calories

Dinner at Olive Garden:
    -Breadstick: 150
    -Salad: 350
    -Spaghetti and Meatballs: 1110
    -White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake: 890

Grand total of 2500 calories.

Just took random items off the Olive Garden website. Yep, just as I thought. Twice as bad as the donut burger.

THAT is why America is fat.
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    It amazes me what people eat. In the south, where I grew up (but thankfully now live in California) they fry EVERYTHING. They even deep fry Twinkies and Snickers bars. It's enough to make me vomit just thinking about what people willingly put into their bodies.
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    Applebee's, Olive Garden, Outback... I'm sure all those places sell much, much worse things that a cheeseburger between donuts. Seriously. Just imagine somebody goes to a similar chain restaurant and gets a bacon cheeseburger, fries with ranch, coke, and a dessert. I don't see anybody complaining about that on MFP. And it's probably twice as bad.

Actually I see a lot of people complaining about it. Anyway, sounds like you're actually defending a cheeseburger between donuts. o.O That's probably not your intention, it's just the way it sounds..
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Applebee's, Olive Garden, Outback... I'm sure all those places sell much, much worse things that a cheeseburger between donuts. Seriously. Just imagine somebody goes to a similar chain restaurant and gets a bacon cheeseburger, fries with ranch, coke, and a dessert. I don't see anybody complaining about that on MFP. And it's probably twice as bad.

Actually I see a lot of people complaining about it. Anyway, sounds like you're actually defending a cheeseburger between donuts. o.O That's probably not your intention, it's just the way it sounds..
    ditto!:laugh: It does sound that way.....

I''m not sure the original point of the thread was just the cals as much as the craziness of the concept too...
  • SaveTheDrama
    Options
    Why not have a burger between a doughnut? Obviously there is a market for them and in reality there will always be a large market for unhealthy foods. I quess I am defending this creation, but only because I don't judge what other people put into their bodies and I also don't judge a company for trying to make money.
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    Why not have a burger between a doughnut? Obviously there is a market for them and in reality there will always be a large market for unhealthy foods. I quess I am defending this creation, but only because I don't judge what other people put into their bodies and I also don't judge a company for trying to make money.

You don't judge what people put in their bodies? So if someone was shooting up with heroin you'd be totally cool with it? Basically deep fried, high cholesterol, trans fat filled foods can be just as dangerous.

If you don't judge what people put in their bodies, if you can manage to be completely judgmental free, great for you - you've accomplished what most people can't or won't. But defending a burger made with donuts though seems to be quite silly. Sure their is probably a market for it. But there is a market for nuclear weapons too. Just because people want something doesn't make it right.
  • funkyspunky871
    Options
    I didn't intend to defend the burger, but okay, I'm defending it. It's NOT worst thing people eat, I know for sure. Who cares? You don't have to eat it. Nobody's shoving it down your throat. I, personally, think it's disgusting, but that's just because... Burgers and donuts don't seem to go well together. :)
  • thankyoulord
    Options
    hello
    I se the weight scale on many posts....who manages it for you. Do you weigh at home and then move it to the number you lost? Thanks. Where do you find it...
  • antiadipose
    Options
    eeew.... thats nasty. and even the ppl who dont watch what they eat would probably feel guilty eating that.
    i think what funkyspunky meant was just that!

a person going into the action of purchasing this and eating this nastiness actually knows theyre getting a whole lotta calories and artery-clogging fat.
    but there are SALADS... yesss SALADS in some restaurants that have more calories than this!!! and i think funkyspunky is saying THAT IS ACTUALLY WHY AMERICA IS FAT lol

i remember ordering the least guilty looking things from TGIF, olive garden's etc etc.
    but holy moly ... idk how they can put 1800 calories in a salad and get away with it.
    and trust me, they do!

*** did u know there are kid menu entrees that were around 1800 calories???

i dont plan on giving my kids this krispy kreme cheeseburger but did u know this??

Cheesecake Factory Kid’s Pasta with Alfredo Sauce
    1,803 calories
    87 g saturated fat
    876 mg sodium
    70 g carbohydrates

i really hope no1 takes offense ... i was just reading what funkyspunky said and it kinda reminded me of this dish and somehow i understood EXACTLY what she was talking about.