plateau, what to do!?!?

SkinnyGal08
SkinnyGal08 Posts: 56 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey Good morning to all my wonderful MFP friends! I'm writing you to get help because I have came so far on my journey and as -i am wrapping up the last 10-15lbs to reach my goal weight of 120-125 (I started my journey @ 217). I exercise 4-6 times a week sometimes even everyday depending on the week I also don't ever eat over my 1200 and sometimes not even that, I really don't know what I am doing wrong I started a new cardio workout yesterday I am going to try and its called cardio blast and my heart rate is constantly going up and down so maybe that will put my body into shock! I just really wanting to get to my goal so bad and I feel like I am doing everything I can do without having to starve which obviously you don't lose weight that way anyways!! I start my internship for school in jan and I will be working 7 days a week so I am trying not to get to ahead of myself but I really need to be @ my goal because its going to be like pulling teeth trying to exercise along with that schedule but I am going to do it I will always find a way to do it and if its kills me I am living a healthy lifestyle and nothing will stand in my way, I'm just trying to stay focused not get discouraged and wonder what I could possibly do cause its starting to bother me, a lot of peple say I look so skinny, skinner then 136 which happens to jump up and down between 138 and 136 I'm trying to tone and of course always do my cardio!! I'm going to stop rambling now I just wanted to vent to you guys cause I know all know what I'm going through better then anyone!! Love you guys!! :). SW-217 W-136 GW-120-125. Nothing taste as good as being healthy feels!! :):):)

Replies

• stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Congrats on your successes thus far!!!

Did you read this thread?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/113609-relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    Good job thus far. Most likely you will have to eat more to lose, as you get closer to your goal weight most people find it helpful to eat more. 1200 is the minimum you should eat and this is net of exercise. try increasing your calories by 100/day for a week then another 100 the next week. Good luck.
  • christabeltoria
    christabeltoria Posts: 129 Member
    How did you choose your goal weight? Maybe your natural weight is 136-138? I don't know your story, but you look very good and healthy in your profile picture. Maybe you should be kind to your self, and try to maintain this weight for a while, since it sounds like your life is starting to get very busy. All the best to you, whatever you decide to do. You've done an amazing thing for yourself.
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    you look sooo good!! Congrats! I agree eat more, especially since you are doing more cardio..but mix it up....alot of times i see results when i eat say 1500-1600 calories for a couple days, then drop back down to 1200-1300...try it! And ya i am exactly where you are...the last 10 SUCK ;)
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    First stop looking at the scale! People with MUSCLE will weigh more than people with adipose tissue (fat) and have the same measurements!:noway:
    second you might want to have your body fat checked -google hydrostatic body fat test for your area- in Georgia it costs about $40- very accurate.
    You look fit, but you should be eating more (exercise cals too). Last week I lost .8#, changed my exercise routine and started eating almost all my exercise cal (sometimes up to 1900 cals) and this week lost 3.2# -muscle likes being fed!
    good luck:flowerforyou:
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Hey there! You look great! Congrats!

I would also recommend reading the thread we have going that the above poster posted the link to...

You might be at the point where you don't need to lose any more weight through typical cardio/calorie deficit and now is the time to get pumped up! ;)
This discussion has been closed.