Help please my body hates me!

Options
I'm 20 and I don't remember a time my weight wasn't a problem for me. Looking at me people don't really think I need to lose weight. However that's just because I'm tall.(5'11, I'm a size 12 but weigh 225) I see my gut and I feel my thighs rubbing against each other and I'm frustrated. I've been dieting, working out and trying to eat right for years.

I played volleyball in high-school and even made captain, but never lost a pound.

3 weeks ago I started Zumba. I try to go anywhere from 3-5 times a week now and thought I was finally making progress slowly. I was down 8.8 pounds. Then I came back from Thanksgiving to find out I had gain 5lbs back. I did my best to eat healthily.

For years I've tried everything I could possibly think off to lose weight, I even count my calories with measuring cups and nothing works. I've even gone to the doctor to see if there was something wrong. No I'm just incapable of losing weight. I don't know what to do and I feel trapped in a body that will not work with me.

I'm trying to lose at least 60+ before May of 2014. I'm the maid of honor at my cousins wedding only problem the dress long goes to a size 8. Everyone else fits and loves the dress. I love the dress. I just can't squeeze myself into it.

So that's my story. Help?

Replies

• j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    By a food scale, start tracking and never stop.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the food scale. Use MFP and log everything faithfully, and you WILL lose weight if you stay in a calorie deficit.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think
  • Tinydancer91
    Tinydancer91 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    you need to stop satisfying your love for food. that's clearly the problem here. try to suck on hard organic/natural candies to keep your mouth busy and flavorful in between meals.. that should greatly help keep you goin
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the food scale. Use MFP and log everything faithfully, and you WILL lose weight if you stay in a calorie deficit.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

This. You HAVE to be as accurate as possible with your caloric intake. No matter how much exercise you do, if you eat as much as/more than you burn, you will stay the same/gain weight. Good luck. :flowerforyou:

ALSO: it's mental, too. Stop telling yourself you "can't lose weight," "my body hates me," etc. The more your words and thoughts support that, the harder it is. Successful weight loss efforts have no room for negative thinking.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Agree. It's science. Eat less and you'll lose. And the weight gain was probably your glycogen stores refilling.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring and weighing all of your food?
  • yea. I have an app on my phone. some times i'm a few calories over and sometimes under. But I always measure and count everything going into my mouth.
  • LindseyAlyssa
    Options
    3 weeks is not a long enough time to predict how your body is handling the new exercise adjustments. Additionally, your body will retain fluid while repairing muscles (especially ones that haven't been used extensively in a long while), which will lead to a bit of weight gain. Be consistent and relentless for the next several months, THEN review what's going on. In the meantime, make sure to accurately log your food and seriously think about buying a solid Heart Rate Monitor to better monitor how many calories you're actually burning. MFP estimates tend to run quite high. Additionally, you might also want to scale back on scale usage and take body measurements. I've always found them to be a better way to track my progress. I don't care about my weight that much as long as I'm getting to a healthier (smaller) size.

Keep at it!
    :)
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You need to figure out how much calories you need to eat in a day. You did count food calories but did you get YOUR goal number right? You exercise but do you know how much you burnt?
  • Thanks so much! I will try my best to keep of the scale
  • jb72908
    Options
    Hey, just look at the positive. You have made positive changes! Be proud of that. You eat healthier and are more active. It looks like your next step is making sure you are counting calories accurately. I am not sure how you could not lose weight if you have enough of a deficit, unless you are eating back too many exercise calories ( that is something you should watch). Hope you achieve your goals! You can do it. You have made changes already.
  • jimjamsjet
    jimjamsjet Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Weight train. Contrary to popular belief you won't get bulky and your at rest metabolism will improve.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Hi CollegeStudent, my concern isn't so much what you wrote in your post. I'm concerned about the title of your post "help please my body hates me". The concern here is the cultivation of mentality of hating your body. Please don't do that. As you said, you have wonderful athletic skills and you look like a cutie in your photo. Don't hate your body. Love it. And it loves you back.

Good luck sweetheart.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    An app on your phone is not going to do it ... buy a food scale. You need to accurately weigh your food. And weigh everything that you possibly can. I weigh just about everything. It is the only way to be sure of the number of calories you are really eating.

Good luck.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options

^This

Already answered your other discussion: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1145480-my-body-hates-me-sigh?page=1#posts-17836161