Structure and Accountability help me

heavenhandmaiden
heavenhandmaiden Posts: 4
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
I want to be healthy and strong. I am giving myself 6 months to lose 20 lbs and become fit. Then, I'll maintain it! I started an exercise program using cable "exercise on demand" shows. There are so many choices, no reason to get bored! I lost 2 lbs. the first week before I found this site. I was so out of shape, every exercise felt so hard! Now I'm already feeling a little less challenged by the exercises. It doesn't take long, everyone! Be encouraged.

Replies

• alanmonks
    alanmonks Posts: 115 Member
    Welcome. If you want a good get fit programme, I would try the couch to 5k programme. its over 9 weeks and build you up to eventually a 45 minute run at the end of week 9. The fisrt 7 to 8 weeks it comprises of 3 workouts a week, but iots a great workout for the body.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit. You sound very determined, and that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
This discussion has been closed.