What meal do you eat the most calories?

Options

Replies

• MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I actually usually eat the most calories in snacks. It works and it keeps me from bingeing.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I try to make breakfast the most calorific meal, but often it's dinner purely because I'm so hungry.
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Breakfast or lunch dinner try to keep a little less calories
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Dinner and evening in general. I take in most of my calories after 5 PM. My breakfast is usually around 400 - 500 calories or so...lunch is usually 500 - 600...I usually have an afternoon snack and/or pre/post workout snack that is usually around 500 calories and from then on I just eat to total around 2700 - 2800 calories per day.

I also like beer...a lot.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Usually dinner, circa 900-1,000 calories. NOM.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    If you consider pre-post then that's the one... Otherwise breakfast!
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I eat 5 meals a day. That works best for me. Biggest at Bfast with about 5-600 calories. then tapering off to the last meal about 300 calories. Then my Eatback is separate from the meals usually around 100-200 calories. Like I said this works best for me because I'm not so hungry in the evening after starting out with such a big meal
  • deanjou59
    deanjou59 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    It depends....but usually dinner.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    lunch, and it isn't even close.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for me is usually half my calories or slightly more than half.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I have pretty spread out meals. I usually eat 30-40% of my calories between 0700-1200 (breakfast/snack) and another 30-40% from 1200-1500 (Lunch). I rarely eat anything substantial after that for dinner, usually just some fruit/veggies and/or a protein shake.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Dinner is usually my biggest meal, and about 1/2 of my intake comes in the evening.

I currently eat around 2700 calories a day due to my workout schedule, etc., but I followed the same proportions throughout my weight loss.

I have about 400-500 for breakfast, 500 or so for lunch, maybe 400 in snacks at work (generally a morning snack and an afternoon snack), a pre-workout snack of 100 - 200 calories, about 700-900 for dinner, with the rest as dessert and beverages (beer, chai, juice, egg nog (now that it is in season), etc.).
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,234 Member
    Options
    Supper. Usually 1000 calories or so.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    My dinner ....... is between 500-600 calories, maybe a bit more ...... it's usually after a gym workout & I'm hungry ......

Breakfast & lunch are about 350 calories each ...... snacks are 100 each ........
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I eat 5-6 times a day. Anywhere from 1800-3000 calories for dinner depending on the day.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Usually breakfast or lunch, and skip dinner. I dunno how those IF people are able to skip breakfast but eat dinner. I'm famished in the morning, usually. Also, there's a good amount of research showing that skipping breakfast leads to higher cardiovascular disease risk factors (at least in middle-aged men, of which I am one) whereas skipping dinner leads to lower CVD rates.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I usually eat the least for breakfast (200 calories +/-), then evenly for lunch and dinner, unless I go out to eat for one of those meals.
  • Arbeidslyst
    Options
    Lunch or dinner depending on my work schedule.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I've just switched how I'm eating, going from IF and 2-3 big meals/no snacking, to 6 small 'meals' spread out through the day. Doing this in order to get in enough calories/hit my macros. The mid day meal is usually the highest (usually a large salad and a protein). The rest are smaller-a protein bar, cottage cheese and fruit, eggs etc.
  • eksero2k
    eksero2k Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    lunch in the weekdays, dinner during the weekends.