A scale AND Non Scale Victory

Options
First the NSV, had to take about a week off from the treadmill because we had company and couldn't use it when I needed to so just watched my calories (most days....um yeh bad eating week at times) and kept up my strength training routine.

After 10 minutes I bumped it to 4.5 mph (a slow jog for me) and kept it there for 8 min! Then kicked it up to 5mph for 2 min. So I jogged 10 minutes straight!! I was tired but not dead :) When I've done my quarter mile 5mph runs before I sometimes struggle to do the entire quarter.

Not bad for my longest time jogging coming after a week off!

As for the scale victory...I actually lost weight over the holiday! I'm at 144.6 which is about where I wanted to be going into the Holidays, ultimate goal is 140, but my maintenance level is going to be 145 more than likely once I switch over with glycogen storage and what not. Haven't seen this number since I was in 9th grade which was like 15 years ago :)

Replies

• perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    A big congratulations to you! Your hard work has definitely paid off. So happy for you.
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Awsome job on both accounts!!! It is fun when all your hard work pays off and you get to lose on a "resting" week. Makes you believe you might just be able to be successful in maintenance.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Especially the jogging. I'm a runner so I'm a little biased to the running/jogging :flowerforyou:
  • astange83
    Options
    Thanks! I got it up to 15 min straight early this week meaning I completed a full mile without stopping! (13:30) That has NEVER happened in my life. Tonight I did 5 min alternates for 50 min between 4 and 4.5 mph. I was wiped out after that though so I better take it easy and not over do it. Don't need a burn out or an injury!
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Way to go !
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I got it up to 15 min straight early this week meaning I completed a full mile without stopping! (13:30) That has NEVER happened in my life. Tonight I did 5 min alternates for 50 min between 4 and 4.5 mph. I was wiped out after that though so I better take it easy and not over do it. Don't need a burn out or an injury!

This is so freaking awesome!!!! I am so excited for you. :drinker:

Just a suggestion, but when I was recovering from surgery, I would run a day, and alternate elliptical on the lowest setting. It keeps you going but is much easier on your body when first starting out.
  • astange83
    Options
    I use a recumbent bike 2x a week, and only really push my limits 2x a week on the treadmill (usually Mon and Sat), the other days its just a solid walk, then Sundays are always off days so I can rest up for the next big push :) Trying to be ready for a 7 mi race at end of March, no real goal on time to finish...just to finish! Its in a beautiful setting which is why I want to do it. Right now I'm hurting @ 6 mi but still have more than 3 months to get there I can do it :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!