Introduction

Options
Hello all,

I am new to this site and thought it would be a good idea to say hello to all of you. I am an overweight mother of two grown kids (pretty much). I am hoping to lose about 50 pounds. I have tried before and given up. I have pretty much NO self motivation and thought this site would help keep me on track. Hope to meet new people on here!

Take care & good luck!

Rhonda :)

Replies

• mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hi Rhonda,

I am new too. Just started Tuesday. I want to loose 70 lbs to get me out of the 'obese' and 'overweight' catagories. I am not looking for supermodel skinny, or even high school skinny. I am looking to be healthy and I will take the higher end of the spectrum.

I have battled weight issues all of my life but this is almost the heaviest I have been (under by a measly 2 lbs), and I too try, try, then give up thinking it was just not meant to be. I come from an overweight family so genetics play a good bit into this but I know they are not the controlling factors.

My life is absolutely crazy and hectic. I am having a very hard time fitting exercise into my life. But, I am using this site to log my food and log my exercise, when I can get it. I am hoping it will be very motivating. I WANT to loose weight. I WANT to be healthy. I WANT my kids to be proud of their mom. I WANT my husband to be proud to show me off. I WANT to stop hiding from cameras and making excuses to not go to waterparks with skinny friends. I WANT to be free of this weight!

Good luck in our journey!
  • sarahlouisah
    Options
    hi im sarah i have lost a stone so far before joining this site byt still have 3- 4 1/2 to go I work full time and have a 6 year old , I am also studying at home for a degree so time for exercise is hard. I have been doing slimfast but has taken me since april to lose a stone so looking for tips as well good luck everyone
  • RhondaMcGovern
    Options
    Thanks for the nice welcome! I am excited to get started here.

It is tough to fit in exercise. One thing I can say is that when exercising it has to be FUN! I took a couple of salsa aerobics classes to learn some stuff and so now I don't pay for classes..I just dance in my living room and it is a ton of fun. I also just ordered the Zumba workout so when I get it we will see how it is. I am actually just starting to monitor my calories and exercise. I just finished up my degree online for business administration. I will be starting again this monday for my certificate in medical billing at Santa Barbara City College..I'm excited and nervous.

I wish you all the best! Good luck!
  • RhondaMcGovern
    Options
    Oh, one more thing..how do I get that Ticker thingy on here?????
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    First, go to MY Home, then to profile. You will see the ticker. Right below it is 'add to my site'. Click that and copy the whole link. Then come back to the message boards, click the signature tab and paste the line into it.