Soft serve banana:)

Options
Frozen bananas rival soft serve when given a whirl in the food processor. My brother and boyfriend loved this treat! Trust me, it's AMAZING: no fat, no cholesterol, no added sugar, just creamy and sweet bananas!

INGREDIENTS
4 frozen bananas

DIRECTIONS
Place frozen bananas in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse several times to break into smaller pieces, then turn on and run for about five minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl. The bananas will start to resemble soft serve in a few minutes. Transfer to a bowl and place in freezer for about 15 minutes, if you'd like, or serve immediately.

Nutritional Info
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 108.6
Total Fat: 0.6g
Total Carbs: 27.6g
Dietary Fiber: 2.8mg
Protein: 1.2g

I got this recipe in my inbox from sparkpeople.com and I figured I would share...I am going to try this tonight for a snack:)....The girl that tried it put a tablespoon of pure maple syrup and 2 tsp of cocoa powder. these toppings are NOT included in the calories above.

Replies

• Aamilah
    Aamilah Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious will have to try it. Thanks!!!
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    This may be just what I need to help me give up real treats! Thanks!
  • ilenem
    ilenem Posts: 25
    Options
    Will it work in a blender? Sounds yummy!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Here's an article someone posted on another thread about this awhile back (It was called "1 ingredient ice cream")

http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/stay-cool/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-with-just-one-ingredient-093414
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    BUMP!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I have seen this on here before. Too bad I HATE bananas in everything but bread :)

But I thought about this the other day when i made a smoothie from frozen strawberries, blueberries, and some pineapple and other random fruit with a splash of OJ. Because the strawberries are frozen (i get them at 99 cents and freeze tons) the texture is really really thick more like soft serve than a smoothie when you make it with fruit and ice. More calories than just a banana, but if you hate bananas, much tastier too! (PS, I dont know what happens if you just blend the strawberries - sometimes I put in some sherbet too... so lots of ways to make more or less calories depending on the day)
  • cuppycake22
    Options
    Bump!