Have 125lbs to lose the old fashion way need a buddy!

Options
2»

Replies

• hunee_32
    Options
    Hello,

Where I'm here also looking for some support and thought your intro was perfect. I started monitoring my food intake the day after Thanksgiving! I recently saw a picture of me from about 3.5 years ago and felt horrible. I allowed myself to gain about 60 lbs. since then.

So my long term goal is 60 lbs. but my short term goal is 10. Having short term goals helps to "program" your brain to a goal that is more attainable. Every time you reach a goal, it helps you feel successful and can increase your motivation. You can also reward yourself whenever you reach a goal.

This app only allows me to have about 1200 calories a day. Is anyone else like that? I'm not sure that that is enough. So what I'm doing is trying to learn what my base level is.
  • mwhite61451
    mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Where I'm here also looking for some support and thought your intro was perfect. I started monitoring my food intake the day after Thanksgiving! I recently saw a picture of me from about 3.5 years ago and felt horrible. I allowed myself to gain about 60 lbs. since then.

So my long term goal is 60 lbs. but my short term goal is 10. Having short term goals helps to "program" your brain to a goal that is more attainable. Every time you reach a goal, it helps you feel successful and can increase your motivation. You can also reward yourself whenever you reach a goal.

This app only allows me to have about 1200 calories a day. Is anyone else like that? I'm not sure that that is enough. So what I'm doing is trying to learn what my base level is.

That's my calorie limit too, but if you excercise it will go up.
  • tdhc1313
    Options
    Hi there! Please feel free to add me as well as I'm in the same boat with 115 lbs to lose. Small goals are definitely easier to stay on track and I plan on rewarding myself with a massage after the first 10 pounds lost! :)
    I just started but plan to track religiously and work out to my Biggest Loser DVDs at home 4-5 days a week. We can do this!!! :)
  • I break down my weight loss into goals like that too. My first goal was to fit back into my wedding ring. I made it, btw :) I keep my ticker set at ultimate weight goal tho because I tend to get unfocused lol Anyone looking for a friend/support may add me :)
  • ema4paul5964
    Options
    Hi Guys..... Im New To This Again I Did Do It Last Year But Gave Up :-( Need To Have A " Fitness Pal" Please Feel Free To Add Me And Lets Do It Together I Have About 8+ Stone To Loose.
  • 1LoveChips
    1LoveChips Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Good luck guys! Can't even get my head around that number.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I started at this time last year with 120 pounds to lose. You can do it!! Your right, it can be overwheming looking at the big picture, small steps and goals helped me alot. The year will go by quick, and just think how wonderful you will feel at this time next year!!