Need YOUR input!!!

Options
Doing some online grocery shopping and I really wanna know what everyone's favorite nutritional buys are... breakfast, lunch and dinner... anything you can think of! Thanks, everybody!!! :happy:

Replies

• poezja
    poezja Posts: 2
    Options
    Do you like porridge? I make it very often for breakfast.
    1c milk+4tbsp porridge in microwave for 5 min
    I add some raisins and cinnamon or unsweetened apple sauce - delicious, nutritious and inexpensive.
  • katland15
    Options
    TURKEY PEPPERONI SLICES! favorite snack....17 slices have 70 calories...
  • annasid78
    Options
    Light Laughing Cow cheese wedges!
    Fruit
    Veggies
    Tuna
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    i second the porridgefor breakfast = yum! also natural yogurt for snacks along with lots of fruit and veg in all different colors because each color represents a change in vitamins and minerals. lean meats for lunch and dinner- i go for turkey a lot also chicken, tinned tuna and a range of different fish for good oils etc
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    My staple items are:
    Breakfast: weight watchers multigrain bread with "natural" peanut butter, All Bran Strawberry Cereal with skim milk, yogurt with strawberries, and on weekends 2 eggs with 2 slices of the weight watchers bread.

Lunch: LOTS of chicken breasts sliced with either the weight watchers bread and lettuce or 2 cups of salad, celery sticks, hard boiled eggs, 1/2 c. cottage cheese, cucumber slices (my favorite dressing is 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice, sprinkle of dill).

Dinner: again LOTS of chicken breasts (I spice them up differently all the time though), fresh fish, ground turkey or chicken, boneless skinless chicken thighs, LOTS of steamed veggies, whole wheat couscous, brown rice

My snacks are usually a portion of fruit, or 2 cups of air popped popcorn.

Good luck!
  • Serowland
    Serowland Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I plan my shopping to include salad ingredients for 3 meals (sometimes a snack!). Breakfast always includes a fruit salad, the other 2 meals a green salad with a variety of toppings. The salad is always on my plate, not on a separate bowl. That cuts down on the calories in a meal! Breakfast salad is fruit only - no sugar! Lunch and dinner salads have only 1 Tbsp or less of dressing.
    Favorite salads - leafy greens with blueberries, goat cheese (1 Tbsp!), walnuts, and a blueberry vinagette
    leafy greens with almonds, apples, and cranberries top with a light balsamic dressing
    strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and peach

The fruit salad is also go for dessert with one frozen waffle (my favorite is Vann's Gluten Free Home style)

Another buy for dessert is Greek yogurt, top this with a Tbsp of honey and walnuts. Yummy!

Hope this helps
    Sandra
  • JennaGermain
    Options
    I'm probably the last person who should suggest anything as my stuff isn't as healthy as some other people's, but these things work for me:

I get frosted mini wheats (they aren't the worst thing for you and since I eat them dry w/ a glass of water, they help me fend off hunger pains, too)

Fiber One Chew Bar Oats & Chocolate - It's like a rice crispy treat with chocolate chips in it but 9 grams of fiber and 140 cal so it makes a good snack to stave off hunger

Salty Stix isn't the healthiest thing if you're trying to watch your sodium, but 88 sticks is a serving and I stretch it out by letting each one dissolve in my mouth. (and this is to sate my salty craving)

Red Delicious Apples
    Green Grapes
    Oatmeal
    Jawbreakers (it gives me something to suck on for a long time but overall not many calories)

Semi-sweet chocolate chips - I eat a tablespoon a couple chips at a time, letting each dissolve in my mouth. Really helps calm chocolate cravings

Eggs (I know first they're good then bad then good etc, I'm sticking with good)
    Whole Grain Bread (love to toast it & dribble a hint of honey on it) or to have w/ lean cuts of meat as a sandwich
  • poezja
    poezja Posts: 2
    Options
    :smile: