Hi there! New to all of this and looking for great support!

Options
Hi I'm Dierdre and I am a newbie!

For the last 15 years I have dealt with many challanges and weight was becoming one of them over the years.
The last two years I have been putting on more weight than ever and after some talking and some serious discussions with my husband and team of doctors I decided it was time to do something more and lap band was the choice for me.
So now I am on a new weight loss journey after undergoing Lap Band Surgery on July 23rd.
I am here on myfitnesspal to help me achieve my goals of weight loss and looking for support to help me get through the many new challenges I will face. I have always been an avid "dieter" and excercise was something I did when I had time to do it, not something I thought I needed to do on a regualr basis. I figured out that I was wrong.....
Looking forward to a better ME and I hope some can help me get to that better me.
Thank you for reading! Have a great day!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Dierdre,

Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit -- that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra