Here's a thought for those who hate gym resolutioners

Options
stumblinthrulife
stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
If it weren't for all the January-only gym goers subsidizing your membership, you'd probably pay significantly more in membership fees.

That in itself has to be worth a little inconvenience in January.

Replies

• ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Logic! How dare you use logic here! :wink:
  • fattofit84
    Options
    Well mfp doesnt have a like button......but "like" and soo true!
  • TheSwollMinister
    TheSwollMinister Posts: 246 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Fair point, well made!

Although reported for being rational.

:laugh:
  • A_nonymous2
    A_nonymous2 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Sadly, the influx started at my gym LAST month. I hope that those people fizzle out before the procrastinators start...
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options

I hope her type of reasoning doesn't take over MFP, how will I entertain myself?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I find it funny (and by funny I mean sad) that people talk about how they wish others would start eating better and start working out, BUT when it comes to January people are suddenly against people being at the gym. Sure the statistics are against them, but what would happen if we try to help instead of give them dirty looks for taking up all the equipment.
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I applaud them starting out on the fitness road... with that said, I rarely run into any of them because I am generally in the gym after 9pm.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Resolutioners are easily moved off equipment, you just say "How many sets you got left?" They get flustered and say they're done:wink:
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    My gym is on the verge of closing due to a Planet Fitness opening in a competing location...I can only cross my fingers that the resolutioners will provide enough income to keep the doors open!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I'd rather the people just pay and never show up at all. Can't we have it that way?
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Sadly, the influx started at my gym LAST month.

^ This and the influx of FB new updates of newbies checking in at the local Golds... HAHA!!! Hope that most of them stick with it.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    [...] what would happen if we try to help instead of give them dirty looks for taking up all the equipment.

Really?

Based on my experience at MFP, we would be insulted, called mean, told that they already know how to do things correctly, told that their opinions are equally valid to our facts, and then we would get reported to gym managment who would kick us out.

So screw 'em.
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    The view is the only upside to this time of year : )

44772.gif
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    That doesn't mean I have to appreciate it, it's like trying to get me to appreciate that death is waiting for me. In reality it's good that we all die, the planet could never sustain us all if no one died but there aren't many of us in a hurry and overly enthuisastic about checking out.
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    true, true. Though thankfully since I go to the gym at 5:15am, those resolutioners are usually the first ones to go haha.
  • AZ_Gato
    Options
    jn4wfUO.gif
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Did I ever tell ya how much I hate comon sense?? LMAO:noway:
  • AZ_Gato
    Options
    46UPa8D.gif