has your s/o

Options

Replies

• sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    My STBEH came home one day and told me if I didn't lose weight, he was leaving me. I lost the weight and asked for a divorce. He is now a complete jerk about the fact that I lost the weight, tells me I'm just out to fool my next ex-husband, and that my "frail little body" makes him sick. Mind you, I was only a size 8 when he delivered his "lose weight" ultimatum. The majority of my weight loss occurred before I met him- I was a size 0 when we met, then I had our daughter, and didn't get the weight off fast enough for his liking. His new girlfriend's legs are the size of my arms... he likes the sickly anorexic look. Good riddance- I'd rather be healthy!!!
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I think he misses some of the snack foods, but he's typically very supportive.

^ this!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Nope, he has been the biggest support a girl could want. Whatever I need, he makes sure I have. I'm a lucky girl.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    XEBB5lr.jpg
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Nope. She is my biggest cheerleader.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Nope. He is just happy no matter i am fat or thin. He just wants me to be happy and healthy. I ask him to remind me my goals when i start to stuff food down my throat and he does that. He is the best , though i sometimes do wish he was a tad bit more jealous LOL
    He is nowhere near insecure and trusts me completely(to the point of being annoying :laugh: )
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    No but my friends have...Made me happy!
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    No, he's supportive. However he is jealous of the friendships I've made on here and that I have this "MFP world" without him. So I continually challenge him to sign up and become a part of it. Which he doesn't...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Ever showed jealousy towards you after you started your fitness journey? Or wanted you to stop for any reason?

Oh, hell no! We met when I was just 19 years old and had a killer body. He would be thrilled if I got that back, but so far, I haven't made that my goal.
  • Ninguneado77
    Options
    Yes…I am sad to admit… at least I only get indifference now..before it was worse :(
  • tx_mom72
    Options
    Yes. But he's told me he doesn't get jealous because he thinks it's a stupid emotion so I like it when I see him acting a little jealous! lol He's told me I better not get skinny & leave him. Unfortunately, I understand where he's coming from as I've had 3 friends do this to their husbands. We had to have a long talk about this being about my health. I told him he needs to worry about that like I do. I'm not going anywhere but my health could take me away so accept that I'm serious about dropping the weight this time. :smile:
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Nope. He is my biggest motivation and keeps me going when I burn out.
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    Yes…I am sad to admit… at least I only get indifference now..before it was worse :(

Why?
  • tx_mom72
    Options
    He doesn't compliment me on my success either unless I am bragging about it and pull up my before photos...then he has to admit I'm kicking *kitten*.

And this. I wasn't getting any compliments unless I pretty much asked for them. I finally snapped on him at this. I told him he should be my biggest supporter and wasn't and that was a damn shame. He's never been very verbal, that's just his way. I've learned that sometimes you just have to spell it out to people what you want from them when they have that kind of personality! lol
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Mine does ask if I found a really fit guy on here :laugh: there is tons. I am not interested....I love him.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Nope, not jealous of me. He enjoys the healthy food and likes it when I'm good and sweatied up (ew...what IS that about???). But he is a lot more jealous of guys' attentions toward me. It's odd because I was doing some modeling when we met and he wasn't the least bit jealous then, but now....:noway:

Guys are strange sometimes. But mine means well and is pretty darned supportive in anything I choose to pursue.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    My STBEH came home one day and told me if I didn't lose weight, he was leaving me. I lost the weight and asked for a divorce. He is now a complete jerk about the fact that I lost the weight, tells me I'm just out to fool my next ex-husband, and that my "frail little body" makes him sick. Mind you, I was only a size 8 when he delivered his "lose weight" ultimatum. The majority of my weight loss occurred before I met him- I was a size 0 when we met, then I had our daughter, and didn't get the weight off fast enough for his liking. His new girlfriend's legs are the size of my arms... he likes the sickly anorexic look. Good riddance- I'd rather be healthy!!!

OMG What a d!ck.. You deserve so much more than that.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I think my husband is slightly irritated at how much time I spend on mfp, but he has never asked me to stop using it, or to stop improving my body. He's happy when I'm happy. And I'm happy when I'm busy, slim and fit.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    The other day he told me that he didn't have as far to go to get into shape for vacation as I did. However in the last few months I've lost while he's gained. I think there's a bit of denial about his own physique there, but not jealousy. He also thinks he's still at 12% body fat when I'd guess about 15%.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    My wife is very supportive, she even makes breakfast for me while I'm getting ready for work. I don't think she likes how much time I spend on MFP, either. Lately, she's been creeping my profile. Hi honey!