Ideal Protein – Deadly Health Risk – Testimonial

Options
Ideal Protein – Buyer Beware – Deadly Health Risk – Testimonial
I joined up after hearing about those positive results. I completed an Ideal Protein 9 Page Patient Profile prior to my initial appointments which include my health history and all medications I was taking. At my appointment at a Chiropractic Office (Doctor) I met with a part time IP Coach, who had me review a video, performed a weight & BMI & water bio-impedance measurement(s), gave me some hand-outs, and selected boxed food and drinks to take for the upcoming week. I paid my consultation and food fees and then my meeting was complete. All was OK except I was told I had a -3 water deficit, and advised by the IP coach to drink more water.
Next week I weighed in, and lost 10 pounds, restocked my food, and paid my bill to the part time IP coach. Soon afterwards that day I was having severe abnormal neurologic and physical and mental changes and feeling I was going to collapse. My blood pressure went to 170/100 and pulse dropped to 55 or less. I contacted the Chiropractic Office for advice and there was no one available to answer my help call. I immediately drove to the local Emergency Unit and was treated for Acute Hyponatremia (water intoxication). I was drinking a lot of water because the IP coach told me I was dehydrated.
I spent two days in the local hospital and advised about the foolish decision I made doing this Ketosis type diet with my significant health history. I have only one kidney, take water pills (diuretic), controlled high blood pressure and antiarrhythmic meds, and stage II obesity. I could do just as good if I purchased their food from a Walgreens or CVS?
While in hospital my spouse contacted the Chiropractic office to get a refund on the food I had just purchased. She was told to bring the food products back to them, but was informed that I was to have reviewed the program with my medical physician (MD); that you only go to their office to pick out your food. Additionally I was informed later that the Ideal Protein Owners provide a Script of what to say or respond to certain questions they are asked of their customers (not patients of course).
My complaint is that I thought I was going to a Chiropractic Medical Office to go on a medically supervised weight loss program. I assumed that I was having a Medical Professional, a Chiropractic Doctor (with a fundamental knowledge of basic electrolyte and nutritional background); provide consultation, clinical assessment, and medical screening, on my entrance to the Ideal Protein Weight loss Program. This did not occur.
If true, a flag should have gone up with medical profile of one kidney, on a diuretic pill with hypertensive drugs, etc. I should have been instructed to wait one week either until the water deficit is gone, given a modified program to wean in to the ketosis, or denied access to the program, all due to health reasons.
This Ideal Protein program might be Ok if you’re young and healthy, but should be declined if you have health issues. You can’t rely on the distributors that sell the program, because they have scripts to deflect any responsibility and accountability.
Some people with similar experiences, as I have, contacted me to join them in legal action against all parties engaged in Ideal Protein medically unsupervised program, with scripted and un-accountable responses, where they occur.