Gain weight

Options
I wanted to start gaining weight a few months ago, and I've always been on the slight side. I got a phone call from a good friend of mine and PGA tour coach Nick out of NC. He said he began using a new protein shake from a company called Qivana. I started using it and gained 10 lbs in sixty days. I realized that I wasn't getting enough mitochondria stimulus in my protein shakes thus my lean muscle tissue wasn't firing as it should.

Croonie

Replies

• cannoli928
    Options
    Hey Bro,

If you want to gain weight there is a basic formula, (assuming your a hard gainer)

-Eat over 3500 clean calories a day (clean- any calories not from junk food, ie. pizza, chips, soda etc...)
    split over 5 to 6 meals a day.

-Lift heavy ( best is a 5x5 program- 4 days a week)

- Sleep at least 6.5 to 8 hours a night ( Most working people are lucky to see 8 EVERY night)

- Take a weight gain supplement, a casein supplement, creatine , a good multi vitamin (preferably with digestion and joint support), a pre workout drink before the gym, and a BCAA drink during the gym.

- Try to drink at least a gallon of water a day.

- Keep the cardio to a minimum.

- Do this for 12 to 16 weeks.

As always read the labels of all supplements before you take them.
    Try to make any water from a bottle or water cooler.
    If you re-use any containers for food and water, clean after EVERY use to prevent bacteria.
    Stretch and warm up before and AFTER every exercise to prevent injury.

Most importantly, stay consistent and don't get lazy.

I hope this helps.
    P.S. 20 years of training/dieting experience, martial arts, ex-fitness business owner (sold business)
  • BiscuitsNDavy
    BiscuitsNDavy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Lol at mitochondria stimulus.

Notsureifsrs or looking to make money.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    Hey Bro,

If you want to gain weight there is a basic formula, (assuming your a hard gainer)

-Eat over 3500 clean calories a day (clean- any calories not from junk food, ie. pizza, chips, soda etc...)
    split over 5 to 6 meals a day.

-Lift heavy ( best is a 5x5 program- 4 days a week)

- Sleep at least 6.5 to 8 hours a night ( Most working people are lucky to see 8 EVERY night)

- Take a weight gain supplement, a casein supplement, creatine , a good multi vitamin (preferably with digestion and joint support), a pre workout drink before the gym, and a BCAA drink during the gym.

- Try to drink at least a gallon of water a day.

- Keep the cardio to a minimum.

- Do this for 12 to 16 weeks.

As always read the labels of all supplements before you take them.
    Try to make any water from a bottle or water cooler.
    If you re-use any containers for food and water, clean after EVERY use to prevent bacteria.
    Stretch and warm up before and AFTER every exercise to prevent injury.

Most importantly, stay consistent and don't get lazy.

I hope this helps.
    P.S. 20 years of training/dieting experience, martial arts, ex-fitness business owner (sold business)
    Lots of broscience here though. One doesn't have to eat "clean" to gain good weight. If the food is nutrient dense, that's what matters more.
    There's no need to drink a gallon of water a day. This is a myth that's been passed around the bodybuilding arena for years.
    With the exception of creatine and protein, other supplements AREN'T needed if one is eating nutrient dense foods.
    There's no such thing as a hard gainer. One is either not as genetically gifted to attain size in certain body parts, lack correct training and rest program, or just plain under eat so mass gains don't happen.
    There is no clinical evidence to support that stretching prevents injury.

The best advice given was: stay consistent and don't get lazy.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition