Sorry to shoot you down but...

Options
Little bit personal but I may have had a slightly uncomfortable talk with a beverage today.

There it was, a Green Apple Rockstar sitting on my desk this morning when I came in for work. It had just shown up out of no where, like I didn't already have plans for the day. I set it aside and it has been staring at me from the back on my desk.. My tired body is wanting it and I have so far been able to will myself away from it.

Oh curses you Green Apple Rockstar, why must you taunt me so? Darn you headache for making my body think that I need to open it.. And Damn you brain for being cost conscious and not wanting to throw a perfectly good item away. Its lime green and pink decorated can are making my taste buds yearn for the taste. Dressed in all of those useless vitamins and dietary items you are quite deceiving in thinking that there might be a few things inside of you that could possible be good for me, of benefit somehow.

All I want to do is pull the tab and hear the hiss of the escaping carbonation. But alas I know that the smell will waft to my nostrils and I will be forever tempted to bring the cool can up to my aching, wanting lips.

I hate to shoot you down but I have a date with some Green Tea in a half hour and I just don't think I should be cheating GT the proper date I promised. Maybe we can talk about it tomorrow morning and I can fit you in somewhere. I'm sorry for you to have to do the walk of shame down to the drawer but I think this is best for me and my schedule today. I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Cheers

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Love it. I've composed identical missives in my head to the sodas and Capri Sun in the office fridge, the salty snacks in the vending machine, and the delicious fatty soups and crackers in the snack cabinet.
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Yes, I tend to have it with other foods and drinks, but this one went on all morning and I just couldn't let it go. lol
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Congrats on remaining strong. I wish I would have been so strong when a package of red licorice showed up near my desk today.
    Curses.
  • jessspurr
    jessspurr Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    That's me with full sugar Red Bull :(
  • Fit_in_Folsom
    Fit_in_Folsom Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Nice job. I think finding out what our demons are is the first step, then kicking them in the @ss is the next ;-)
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Isn't it only about 20 calories for the can? What is the problem?
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options

280 for the can.. unless you are talking about the red bull then idk
  • just_Jennie1
    Options

120 cals for 8 oz.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options

280 for the can.. unless you are talking about the red bull then idk

Well then completely understandable. I saw a co-worker with this last week and asked them what the calories were and they told be about 20!!!! Either they were pulling my leg, or kidding themselves, either way that is a lot of calories for 1 drink.