Quest bar texture

Options
I see a lot of people here like Quest bars for their taste. What is their texture? I like a bit of crunch in my protein bars, and can't stand the really chewy ones. I don't want to order a whole box to find out since they're pretty pricey. TIA!

Replies

• navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    No crunch, they are somewhat chewy.

Rigger
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    They're chewy. If you eat it without warming it you'll get a great jaw workout.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

QFT
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    You ever had laffy taffy? Like that, but chewier.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    Yep, super chewy. I thought they were disgusting, but didn't read about microwaving them until I'd eaten the two I'd bought, so I might give them another try and reheat them. You can probably buy them singly at GNC or some place like that. I found them for individual sale at one of the local grocery stores (Hyvee, but that'll only help if you're in the midwest)
  • Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Darn, that's what I was afraid of. And they sounded SO good. I carry protein bars for on-the-go, so microwaving isn't an option. I may still get one to try at home.
  • xoemmytee
    xoemmytee Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I had some delivered in the middle of summer in Florida. They melted and later resolidified. You thought they were normally chewy...these were past my chewing 1 rep max.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Super chewy. Try detour bars, the ones of those I tried are delicious and have a nice crunch
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    http://www.powercrunch.com/

I got a sample of these at a few events and I love them. Can even find them at Walmart where the protein bars/powder are.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Very chewy. Taffy-like texture kinda sorta. I like them in that I truly can't eat them quickly. They are dense and chewy. Nice fiber. Low sugar. 20 g of protein. Under 200 cals.

A Quest bar is my daily breakfast with a TB of almond or peanut butter. Put it on a plate, micro it for 12 seconds, smear the nut butter. YUM! I will add a piece of fruit and sometimes a slice of bacon = my go to breakfast.

FYI: If you call Quest customer service, they will send you a couple of sample bars - free !
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    They are chewy but the peanut and butter jelly variety has a little crunch. :heart: Quest bars!
  • KahalaGal
    KahalaGal Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    to me, chewy and i do not care for the texture. I do however eat them on the go and just deal with the texture. Almost the texture of a tootsie roll.
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Powercrunch are good. Like eating wafer cookies.

I also like the WonderSlim Meal Replacement Nutrition Bars - Crispy * bars. They are about 160 cal, 18 carbs and 15 protein.

I keep both them handy for snacks. I have tried many of the chewier types and prefer to have a little crisp.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

Yup
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Some of them like vanilla almond for example do have SOME nuts in it. I have tried lots and my favorite one is chocolate peanut butter because IMO it is the only one that taste like what it is suppose to. I do not buy quest bars because of this even though they do have amazing nutrition stats, a lot they are pricey....SO I MAKE MY OWN !!! and save all my money :D

http://www.sweetcheetah.com/2013/07/diy-quest-bars.html

For more fiber replace oat flour with fiber powder.
  • Diet_Soda
    Diet_Soda Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I love the texture. It forces me to slow down. Plus, I love that they are not to sweet.