stuck on a plateau.. Help!

juday3
juday3 Posts: 78 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I am so frustrated. I haven't lost any weight for a while now. My calorie intake is set at 1310 per day. I eat 90% organic: fresh fruits, veggies, lean meats, and whole grains. I drink lots of water. I work out about two hours a day mixing cardio and I recently increased my strength training. At the end of the day I have between 500 to 900 calories remaining, for a total calorie deficit of 1500 or 1900 depending on the day (counting the 1000 deficit that MFP sets). I have actually gained a few ounces this past week instead of losing. I really have no idea what I'm doing wrong and I still have 60 more lbs to lose.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Replies

• stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    I was stuck for almost 3 or 4 weeks a while ago so I know how frustrating it can feel.

Stick with it though, maybe mix it up - both food and exercise and you will suddenly see a difference. I also monitored my sodium and sugar way down and that made a big difference for me.

Best t0 you - stay strong (and healthy)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    You need to eat more!!! your deficit should not exceed 1000/day after taking into account exercise. It appears that your metabolism is slowing down do to not enough fuel. You are supposed to eat your exercise calories MFP is built that way for a reason. You may want to lower the amount of exercise to 1 hour and eat at least half of your exercise calories. Do this for a couple of weeks and you should see the weight come off. A larger deficit is not always the best way to go to lose weight. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • ashley_h10
    ashley_h10 Posts: 110 Member
    you might ruin your metabolism eating too few calories...you will NEVER get it back once you wreck it...be careful! Also, you said you just increased you strength training...that could be the culprit also, you might be gaining muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat! Lastly, you will come across a couple or a few weeks where you wont lose but you may gain, just stick through it, you will eventually start losing again. Im at that horrible stage right now, ive weighed the same weight, give or take a couple ounces for the last few weeks now!
This discussion has been closed.