Protien and labels.. help?

Options
jbug5j
jbug5j Posts: 277 Member
okay im going to attempt to add another thing to my list of to dos for losing weight. my coach has been pushing protien protien protien. so my question is when im looking at labels, whats a good amount to look for? how do i know a HIGH protien number vs a normal or low number? :) thanks in advance

Replies

• Sandigesha
    Sandigesha Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Good amount of protein to shoot for is 0.8-1 (or 1-1.2 if cutting) grams per pound of lean bodymass.
  • piggyb73
    piggyb73 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I don't know numbers but i know eggs, greek yogurt and meats are great sources of protein. I also eat a lot of those and i feel fuller longer so i'm a big fan of high protein diets
  • WRXSTiPanda
    Options
    For cutting I usually do 1g of protein per lean body mass and for my protein intake I only eat boneless skinless chicken breast, tilapia fillets and egg whites. There are other foods that has high protein such as cheese, lean beef, nuts and etc. ,but if your aiming for more protein protein and PROTEIN, just stick to boneless skinless chicken breast or turkey breast whichever u prefer and egg whites.
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    For me, a high protein food has at least 10 g of protein per 100 calories. Eat lots of chicken breasts, egg whites, cottage cheese, and supplement with protein powder if you need to. To sneak extra protein into your day, switch to higher-protein varieties of foods you already eat. Get protein enriched cereals and granolas, switch to greek yogurt over regular, eat real cheese, not Kraft singles,, etc.