I Can Make You Thin with Paul McKenna

Options
a fried told me about this, so yesterday i watched the series. it seems to make sense:

1. when you are hungry, eat
2. eat what you want, not what you think you should
3. eat consciously
4. when you think you are full, stop.

some of the hypnotic techniques seemed a bit odd to me, but the general principles seem to make sense.

has anyone here tried it? any success or tips for using this method for a lifestyle change?

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    a fried told me about this, so yesterday i watched the series. it seems to make sense:

1. when you are hungry, eat
    2. eat what you want, not what you think you should
    3. eat consciously
    4. when you think you are full, stop.

some of the hypnotic techniques seemed a bit odd to me, but the general principles seem to make sense.

has anyone here tried it? any success or tips for using this method for a lifestyle change?
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I've watched it since it started. It is a really simple concept...and strangely enough...Some of the hypnotic stuff really works!

Especially the whole 'Imagine your craving food in a spitoon, covered in hair'. That really killed my craving for Hershey's Kisses, because that's the first thing I thought of when I tried that. I don't really know what pressing your fingers together does, but whatever it is, I don't want Hershey's Kisses anymore.

It is really hard to eat conciously and be aware of every single bite, but I do enjoy my food more now. I have a tendency to scarf down food while feeding the baby, or trying to keep an eye on him, but my husband now lets me eat by myself in the kitchen while he takes care of the baby. I have noticed that I eat a lot less than I used to.
  • burnett50
    burnett50 Posts: 46
    Options
    Paul McKenna is very big over here in England. His methods have been used on TV shows with great success. Can't speak personally as I havent tried any of his methods ( I get a bit spooked by the idea of hypnosis) but many rave about him.

Your diary is so honest and frank, dont loose heart and try and keep up the good work:flowerforyou:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I'm not really familiar with Mr. McKenna's work, however I do use some self hypnosis CD's nightly before bed. Even if its a placebo, it seems to help, so I'm going to take it for what it is :)
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I've seen only one of his shows, it was interesting .:smile: When I use to get migraines I was showed how to do self hypnosis to relax and it really works. I also have tapes.
  • PaperDahlia
    PaperDahlia Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yes. this is absolutely a great approach to lifestyle changes :)
    it tackles the emotional -- not just the physical.
    I would liken this to the difference between conventional medicine and alternative medicine.
    "Dieting' just addresses the symptom, but not the overall issue.
    As where conscious eating, EFT, and learning to listen to your own body's messages is more aligned with alternative therapies, where the overall condition behind the symptoms are addressed.

Even my fiance got hooked on watching the series, though we missed the last show.
    If you haven't seen it-- i do recommend it. i found his EFT methods to be a bit comical.. compared to the traditional EFT meridian points that i'm familiar with. but you can read up on that for yourself :)
    plenty of info online :)
  • spexs69
    spexs69 Posts: 4
    Options
    I only saw the last episode. I am doing the ideas that he gave in the last episode, as I haven't seen the other ones. It has only been a week and I see a difference in my attitude already. I really dumped on myself when I looked in the mirror,even after losing almost 50#. So, now I look at myself and say good things instead of the bad. I can't get myself to do the silly voice just yet. The exercise that took me back the most was the one where he says to imagine how someone who admires you looks at you. I imagined how my oldest daughter looks at me and I was taken back cause I saw a light around myself that I never imagined.

I hope they re-air the other episodes again. I would be totally interested in them.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Most of the suggestions came from the book "Mindless Eating" - so if you missed the show, check out the book - or go to the web page http://www.mindlesseating.org/
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    http://www.mckenna.com

This has all the shows sypnoses and also free instructions for the hypnosis techniques etc. So if you missed any shows, you can check this out and get all the instructions.
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    thanks! i've already tried it so far today, and it seems good. i've eaten more than i usually would by this time, and also had a brownie for dessert. i only ate half of it because i stopped when i was full, where normally i would have just kept going. maybe there is something to this?