Chicken Pizza Crust

JustineMarie21
JustineMarie21 Posts: 437 Member
http://notcrocker.com/2013/05/02/chicken-crust-pizza-a-successful-experiment/

Has anyone tried this type of pizza crust before? It looks really yummy. If anyone tried it out before I do please report back and let me know because the cauliflower crust has let me down a few times.

Replies

• MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    The finished product looks yummy!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member

Has anyone tried this type of pizza crust before? It looks really yummy. If anyone tried it out before I do please report back and let me know because the cauliflower crust has let me down a few times.

Um, why would you want to, chicken mixed with flour won't have the same texture nor mouthfeel as you know an actual crust made from pizza dough
  • hikezilla
    hikezilla Posts: 174 Member
    I use low carb whole grain tortillas for pizza crust. I do not like thick crust pizza.
  • sheep_dog
    sheep_dog Posts: 82 Member
    @acg67, That's kind of a silly question. Reflect on it, and ask yourself "why would she want to try this?" Then think, in light of the fitness forums, maybe she is wanting a "healthier" alternative to normal pizza crust, in her eyes. Maybe she wants the extra protein, and less carbs, and realizes the difference in taste and texture you mentioned, so she decided to post a thread asking about what other people thought.

Just trying to help your problem solving skills =p.

@ OP- I haven't tried it, but sounds interesting. Best thing to say is, go for it!
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Gonna try this !
  • deanjou59
    deanjou59 Posts: 737 Member
    Hmmmm...interesting. I have not tried this, but I would like to. If I try it out before you do, I will let you know...if you try first, please let us know!
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    My first thoughts were - that could get expensive, using 3 chicken breasts for 1 pizza! I get the high protein/low carb angle but there are cheaper ways, surely? Even buying turkey mince and mixing with flour would be cheaper (although not exactly VFM!)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    I'm not a fan of coconut flour.
  • WendyTerry420

Um, why would you want to, chicken mixed with flour won't have the same texture nor mouthfeel as you know an actual crust made from pizza dough

This too. I like a good "crust" on my pan-fried chicken, but that doesn't make chicken a crust in and of itself. It looks like a recipe that you would only want to do if you were suffering from some medical condition and you *had* to eat it.
  • WendyTerry420
    @acg67, That's kind of a silly question. Reflect on it, and ask yourself "why would she want to try this?" Then think, in light of the fitness forums, maybe she is wanting a "healthier" alternative to normal pizza crust, in her eyes. Maybe she wants the extra protein, and less carbs, and realizes the difference in taste and texture you mentioned, so she decided to post a thread asking about what other people thought.

Actually, it's silly to suggest that this recipe is somehow "healthier." :ohwell:
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Why not just pound out a chicken breast, coat it in flour, pan fry, then put some marinara and cheese on top and call it chicken parmesan? :ohwell:
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    bump
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Why not just use ground chicken?
    Wouldn't that be cheaper than 3 chicken breasts?

Also I hate when recipes say "3 chicken breasts", the size & weight varies so much!!!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Sure beats the hell out of cauliflower.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    I would eat this because protein.
  • LishieFruit89

It looks pretty good honestly.

I just don't wanna clean ground meat out of my food processor
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Sounds kinda weird to me....I found that watching "Spaceballs" a better way to cure any pizza cravings that might arise :sick:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4iLnAd8MnCw0RA_63swz-liCjXQxr-eWWDqbACVniveszYZC8v4sfUBHU
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member

@ OP- I haven't tried it, but sounds interesting. Best thing to say is, go for it!

Ah thank you, I never thought of that. Or perhaps I did and was wondering if she was ignorant and thought foods exist in a vacuum when determining how healthy or unhealthy they are. Or maybe she filled her head with pseudoscience like wheat belly or grain brain and thus was avoiding grains.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member

I hate cleaning food processors period :( But ugh... I did look at the recipe. NO GOOD MEASUREMENTS? And coconut flour? *Kicks rocks* I'm allergic.
  • LishieFruit89

I hate cleaning food processors period :( But ugh... I did look at the recipe. NO GOOD MEASUREMENTS? And coconut flour? *Kicks rocks* I'm allergic.

IKR!? The measurements blow.

I bet you could sub regular flour or oat flour and it'd be alright Shelbs
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Or, you could do one better:

BaconWeavePizza1.jpg

BaconWeavePizza2.jpg

BaconWeavePizza4.jpg
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member

Right on cue man! I was expecting you to be the first comment here, surpised someone beat you.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Or, you could do one better:

BaconWeavePizza1.jpg

BaconWeavePizza2.jpg

BaconWeavePizza4.jpg

Hot damn! Why have I never tried this? :love: