Diet Pills?

Options
So I need to lose about 50lbs by the start of next semester (End of Jan/beginning of Feb) and I'm eating healthy and exercising but I'm not losing the weight. So I'm looking into diet pills and am wondering if anyone has experience with them and if there are brands that you prefer or don't like, etc.

Replies

• PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    You mean Jan of 2015 right?

There is no magic pill.
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I use ephedrine, which is one of the few substances that actually does anything for weight loss by promoting the body's use of stored fat. However, if you're not losing weight right now, it's because you are eating too much. Taking ephedrine will not fix that. If you are not in a calorie deficit, your body will have absolutely no reason to use body fat at all.

Also, ephedrine is dangerous, easily abused, and people have died using normal doses of it. Be aware of that risk should you decide to take it, and make sure that doctors are aware of the fact that you are using it.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    This is a site that promotes HEALTHY weight loss through proper eating and exercise. Diet pills are hogwash. They will only cause weight loss in your wallet. Just keep doing what you're doing. Also, track your measurements. You could be losing inches, which means losing body fat. That's better than weight, which can fluctuate daily due to what you're eating and drinking.
  • Cae_Troi
    Cae_Troi Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I wish I could track measurements, but I need to be under 200lbs in order to ride at a school that I compete against.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

There is no magic pill.

:laugh: Fifty pounds in two months. Wow. And, she HAS to lose it...by the end of the SEMESTER...So, I have to ask, OP. Why do you just have to lose by that time? What's so urgent?

ETA: I see that you answered my Q about a minute before I posted. Well, I'm afraid that you're out of luck. I don't think that there's a safe way for someone at your weight to drop 50 pounds in less than 2 months.

To be able to ride at a specific school I have to be under 200 lbs including the tack and my show clothes. If I'm unable to ride next semester I won't be riding for the team until I lose the needed weight.
    Well, you won't be able to. So, that means that you have about 13-14 months to lose 50 pounds. That'll be much easier for you to achieve. Good luck, OP. :happy:
    You can probably lose 15lbs by Jan if you work hard.
    She said, "50," not "15"
  • Cae_Troi
    Options

There is no magic pill.

:laugh: Fifty pounds in two months. Wow. And, she HAS to lose it...by the end of the SEMESTER...So, I have to ask, OP. Why do you just have to lose by that time? What's so urgent?

To be able to ride at a specific school I have to be under 200 lbs including the tack and my show clothes. If I'm unable to ride next semester I won't be riding for the team until I lose the needed weight.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    What are your calories set at? How much exercise do you do daily? There are prescription weight loss pills that you can get from your doctor. Oh buy a food scale & log meticulously. You can probably lose 15lbs by Jan if you work hard.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I wish I could track measurements, but I need to be under 200lbs in order to ride at a school that I compete against.

You won't be able to meet that goal safely. Sorry. Health is more important than some school activity.
  • teamAmelia
    Options
    double post
  • Cae_Troi
    Options
    They're at 1,700. I work out for an hour twice at week at the gym (on average) and ride for an hour twice a week (on average). I'm currently at college so I'm unable to make my own food and unfortunately that means I'm stuck to salads and egg whites for my meals at school.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

There is no magic pill.

ride what, the ferris wheel?
  • SupermanRitz
    Options
    Track you calories, and look into intermittent fasting. Youtube 'fastingtwins' and see what they have to say. Probably the best way I can suggest, but

BY ALL MEANS AVOID DIET PILLS. They're a waste of money and have been linked to heart, liver, kidney and lung problems.
  • Cae_Troi
    Options

There is no magic pill.

Horses, I'm an Equestrian and compete with my school's dressage team
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Even if you don't ride this semester, keep working hard & get healthy so you can next semester. Its a lifestyle change. You can do it. Just don't cut corners, do it the healthy way.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

There is no magic pill.

ahhh Ok...maybe you should of considered this six months ago?

The best you can do is a 2 pd per week loss which is about 1000 calorie deficit..

I would avoid the diet pills..

best of luck to you ...
  • Cae_Troi
    Options

There is no magic pill.

ahhh Ok...maybe you should of considered this six months ago?

The best you can do is a 2 pd per week loss which is about 1000 calorie deficit..

I would avoid the diet pills..

best of luck to you ...
    I've been working on since the start of the semester (Sept.) when I learned about it.
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

There is no magic pill.

Sorry, you won't be able to ride for the team this year. Let the total suckage of that news motivate you to get the weight off for next year.
  • kevingreeny1
    Options
    I have managed to lose 20 pounds in less than 3 months and I run about 4-6 miles each day and lift so for you to want to lose that much weight in such a short amount of time would be very challenging and not healthy for your body.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    This is a site that promotes HEALTHY weight loss through proper eating and exercise. Diet pills are hogwash. They will only cause weight loss in your wallet. Just keep doing what you're doing. Also, track your measurements. You could be losing inches, which means losing body fat. That's better than weight, which can fluctuate daily due to what you're eating and drinking.

▲▲▲▲▲ I concur!!!!
  • teamAmelia
    Options

There is no magic pill.

:laugh: :laugh: :sad: Stop it! I'm at work!
This discussion has been closed.