Severe pain and sickness from class??

Hi everyone,
I did my first 'group power' class yesterday. It's a class where you use a barbell and follow the instructor for 60 minutes. It was my first time using a barbell and doing this class but she said my form was perfect and I was a natural. I barely used any weight as was first time.

Today I am in agony (on verge of crying agony) in my back and stomache. I also have a perturding headache. It's not the sort of 'oh I can feel that work out pain so it's a long shot. But, could this be from that class? Just because my bodies not use to it? Or is that not likely?
No position helps ease the pain it's constant! :(! And yes, I'm feeling very sorry for myself!!! Thank you for help. x

Replies

• not sure why you have a headache. That may be of concern. I can understand the body pains though as this is you first time doing high repetitions with weights. Does your muscles hurt and/or your joints?
    I've lifted a weighted bar for 40 minutes doing various arm movements and my arms (muscles) hurt pretty good the next couple of days. I've experienced this type of pain many times and my guess is you over exerted yourself. Did you feel anything pop ie ligament/tendon?