Problems in the bedroom?!?!?

Options
CountryGirl8542
CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
So this question is for the ladies! I am wondering if any of you have experienced a decade asked libido since losing weight or problems with your natural lubrication? Lol? I am a young 21 y/o female, down 22lbs since July and I just can't seem to get in the mood anymore... Which is very unlike me. I keep telling my hubby I am broken and I am not sure why but we woul both like to know why! I have noticed I am in way better shape and can go for way longer but that doesn't help if I can't get into it.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences and knowledge... Advice is welcomed also...

Replies

• weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    You could talk to your doctor about it..but I would just suggest getting some lube. Or try out a fantasy see if it gets you going. I honestly haven't had that issue since I was younger and on the depo shot. It made me heavy feeling and heavier and took away my libido I guess you could say. If you are on a new birth control that could be the culprit.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I am 28, I recently started using birth control, it dried me up. I am still horny and stuff, but I am not producing my own natural lubricate. It hurts like hell having dry sex with my husband, I felt bad because I had to kick him off me. So we started using lubricate, every time we have sex, makes a huge difference and I'm able to enjoy sex again, instead of just being tender and sore. We just use a basic lube, nothing fancy. We just keep it next to the bed :smile: Well good luck
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Also, have you hormone levels checked by a gyno/endocrinologist. Weight loss/diet/exercise might have caused changes in hormone levels.
  • AlyssasDiet
    Options
    Hmm that's kind of strange because normally (from my understanding and experience) exercise increases libido. Has anything else changed in your life that could be the culprit? i.e. New birth control, maybe some psychological changes having to do with body image? I know how you feel though, I went through half a year of a gradually decreasing to a completely absent libido, and that was during the first year of my marriage! It really wreaked havoc on my emotional state. Mine was caused by my birth control, when I stopped taking it I was back to normal. If you can't find out what's causing it on your own I would recommend seeing a doctor. :flowerforyou:
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    No new birth control... I am actually not on any form of birth control besides condoms and the only thing that ha changed is weight loss and I actually have way more confidence from losing the weight I have so far.