Options
2»

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    One slice of Pizza Hut stuffed crust pepperoni pizza = 420 Calories

13 cups of chopped broccoli = 403 Calories

Is calorie still a calorie ? Yes. But what are you more likely to overeat - 14th cup of chopped broccoli or second slice of pizza?

I'd rather eat 2 slices of pizza than try to choke down 14 cups of broccoli.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Eat after 1 hour of working out. You shall eat but eat something healthy. That way, you'll lose weight faster. Correct me if I'm wrong

I'm correcting you. You are wrong.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    One slice of Pizza Hut stuffed crust pepperoni pizza = 420 Calories

13 cups of chopped broccoli = 403 Calories

Is calorie still a calorie ? Yes. But what are you more likely to overeat - 14th cup of chopped broccoli or second slice of pizza?

I'd rather eat 2 slices of pizza than try to choke down 14 cups of broccoli.

I'd rather eat 2 slices of pizza followed by a 30min run than try to choke down 14 cups of broccoli. And I LOVE steamed broccoli, esp if it's floating in butter.
  • LovelyMarie774
    LovelyMarie774 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    "You're wrong. It doesn't matter when you eat, or what you eat, it matters how many calories you consume in general."

It does matter what you eat, actually. If all you consume is straight up fructose chances are your liver will become fatty, and you will get sick. We all need essential fats and amino acids along with vitamins and minerals our bodies cannot make on their own to stay healthy. All calories are not created equally according to the study below.

Source:

1)http://www.wakehealth.edu/News-Releases/2013/Dietary_Fructose_Causes_Liver_Damage_in_Animal_Model_Study_Finds.htm
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    1200 sounds like a very low amount of calories. Maybe snack more through the day? I'm still new myself so I'm not sure how credible my advice would be :(

It only sounds like a low amount because we're used to eating more than twice that amount—and gaining weight. Losing weight isn't a picnic, you know. Oh, wait, actually you can lose weight doing nothing but picnics, but it could be rather inconvenient, what with weather and whatnot.

Bottom line is most of us gals, if we were maintaining our ideal weight, would only need 1600-2000 calories a day. If you're on the low end of that spectrum, and you want to LOSE weight, well, 1200 isn't too farfetched.
  • april1445
    Options
    Check out TDEE (just google it, or there's a million things on here about it). You probably don't need to eat them all back, but 1200 cals is not enough if you're active--probably around 1800 is better.