toilet seat wars

Does it happen in your home?

Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    no wars here. The only rule is that if you leave the seat down and pee on it, you'd better clean it up or else, LOL!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    nope i always put the seat down before i flush
  • I don't put down the seat, but it doesn't cause any problems
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    No
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    No, not at all.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    We have a dog who loves to drink from toilet. So we both put and keep the lid down. Problem solved - I guess!
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 610 Member
    I put the seat down for one reason. My girlfriend is slow to wake. If she has to use the toilet in the middle of the night and falls into the toilet as a result of me not putting the seat down she has made me a solemn promise. Upon dragging herself out of the toilet she will promptly come sit on my head.

For the sake of avoiding the promised toilet head experience I put the toilet seat down for her. It's really a story of cause and effect... :ohwell:
  • Aeramis13
    Aeramis13 Posts: 135 Member
    husband and i were both taught to always put the seat AND lid down. no war here :)
  • karen_golfs
    karen_golfs Posts: 377 Member
    Both down all the time.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Nope, the boyfriend has always put the toilet seat down after using it since I first met him. He even puts the lid down most of the time too!
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    I put the seat down for one reason. My girlfriend is slow to wake. If she has to use the toilet in the middle of the night and falls into the toilet as a result of me not putting the seat down she has made me a solemn promise. Upon dragging herself out of the toilet she will promptly come sit on my head.

For the sake of avoiding the promised toilet head experience I put the toilet seat down for her. It's really a story of cause and effect... :ohwell:

that's a good idea for me to use on my future husband hahaha
  • 1dce
    1dce Posts: 238 Member

Oh I am so going to use this lol... it sucks so bad to sit and fall in
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Not since we found out the dog was drinking out of it. :laugh: Now everyone is in agreement with me that all the lids need to be down at all times!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    We have a dog who loves to drink from toilet. So we both put and keep the lid down. Problem solved - I guess!

exactly..

get a pet and the toilet seat wars are pretty much finished
  • I put the seat down for one reason. My girlfriend is slow to wake. If she has to use the toilet in the middle of the night and falls into the toilet as a result of me not putting the seat down she has made me a solemn promise. Upon dragging herself out of the toilet she will promptly come sit on my head.

any man with a shred of dignity would break up with that girl if she did that
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member

She doesn't have to do it. All she has to do is threaten. :laugh:
  • togmo
    togmo Posts: 257
    No toilet wars here. We got a seat that soft closes, so when I am done I just flick at it and it will drop down after a few seconds.

Solves all the problems in our house. She never sits on a dirty, cold bowl and she never knows just how filthy it can get either...
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 610 Member

Any man that wouldn't be willing to do something so simple for their girlfriend/spouse/so has little respect for that individual.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Squat toilets FTW! No Seats! china is awesome! NAAAAAT!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member

Any man that wouldn't be willing to do something so simple for their girlfriend/spouse/so has little respect for that individual.

people make mistakes, and partners should always have a sense of humor about things. if you break up with people over minor things as a matter of principle, get used to spending a lot of alone time with your hand.